looking to get c band lnb need help choosing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ok got my lnb put it up and no q help please

i get 86 to 99 s but no q
i tried all sort of setting combinations
what could i be doing wrong
12' dish with a new geo sat pro c2

Was it working before you changed lnbs? If so, then it probably isn't the aiming of the dish.
Is the focal distance about the same as the old lnb?? I'd check that, aside from being sure the wiring is ok.

whent i got the dish i took it apart but put it back the same how do i find the focal distance

The geosatpro C2 the skew is off by 90 degrees. Its a known issue

so if you are setting the LNB at "0" it needs to be at 9:00 or 3:00 (if visualizing a clock)

Last edited:
no. On the LNB you'll see 30///////0/////30 on it (see pic)

That is how the skew should be for 0 skew (if being put on a motorized dish). If a fixed dish you have to skew for the proper satellite

Attachments

• 100_0279.jpg
    100_0279.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 156
oh there were some vids here the one im looking for is tracking made easy were are they cant find it

need some advice still cant find signal i got to the point were i almost put the dish on ebay yesterday

is there someone in hazleton pa that can help me

i need help with my bud cant get signal been at it for 3 days no luck please some one help

I'm new to the C band side,but you need to post what equipment you're using and your settings.It might be your settings.A brief discription of what you have tried might help.G'luck

Latitude: 40.9651°
Longitude: -75.9981°
Name: 75W BRASILSAT B3 | GOES 13
Distance: 37586km
Elevation: 42.6°
Azimuth (true): 178.5°
Azimuth (magn.): 190.5°

i got a orbitron 12'ter
sv 360 elite
geo sat pro c2 lnb
5150 freq
diseq on port 1 i also tried all other ports
lnb power on
i have a actuator but i dont have a mover yet
i left the polar mount the same as it was when i got the dish it was about 20 miles from my house

Love to come help you dj, but its way way too far to drive from here! Hopefully somebody closer to you will volunteer. Have you taken that motor off the dish yet and tried just propping up the dish with a board or something? At least that way you could move the dish around some, without mis-adjusting everything on it. If you had marked on the dish mount and the pole, before you took the dish down, you might've had an easier shot at re-aligning it without a lot of work, since it was so close to you. But, a 12' is a bit harder to align than a 10 footer (sees more precisely in the arc). Either way, it would be hard for a first-timer, especially since there's very little analog to help you.

yeah i took the motor of and still nothing moved it in every way when i took the dish down i didnt change the settings on the mount thinking just that the it might be the same for my house

Something must have gotten bumped in it move without you knowing about it. Have you checked the depth & rotation of the LNB?

Here is a stupid question, are you positive that your RG6 cable is good?

The power on the box must be off every time you disconnect/connect any wires at the diseque swtch(unplug it to be safe).Your diseque could be fried.You only need a diseque for more than one LNB.Try it without the diseque.If you get any channels;that's your problem.I'm assuming the diseque is for polarity control.Don't take my word for this cause I'm not sure!!,but I don't think diseques can be used for polarity (maybe on a fixed dish).The voltage might be to high,for motor control???If you get channels as a fixed dish,then You're on the right track.Oh yea,here's a gem.Go here: " Footprints by Dish Size - Adjusting the Polar Mount for Prime Focus Antenna - C/Ku-Band Satellite Systems - Tuning, Tracking, Azimuth, Elevation, Declination Angles, F/D Ratio, Focal Distance, Inclinometer, LNB/Feedhorn Assembly, Actuator Assembly, C " G'luck

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)