Looking to get E* - Have some questions.

mboogey73

Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
Newbie here. Hoping you guys can clarify some things for me.

I'm looking to get back into the satellite game after years with Comcast. Directv looks good with all the HD content, but I like E* as well. A few questions.

It's my understanding that the 622 or 722 can operate two tv's at the same time. Is it just a matter of using a seperate remote for each tv? What kind of range do the remotes have? I'm looking to hook the dish into a plasma downstairs, and one upstairs.

Also, will those recievers output two HD signals at once? That would be a huge plus because my gf is adamant about not having a box in the bedroom.

Additionally, will the installer take care of a setup like this for free, or would it be extra?

Thanks

The 622/722 can operate 2 TVs and they can do it a couple of ways. One way will get you HD on both, but you can only be watching one TV or the other, and the other way will get you HD on one TV and SD on the other and they can be watching different things at the same time. Kinda like 2 completely separate TV/receiver combos.

If neither of those scenarios works for you, then You can still get a 622/722 and put it in single mode for your main TV and get another HD receiver for the bedroom. If you want DVR capability in the bedroom then you'll need another 622/722 for that room. I believe you can now lease 2 of them right from the get-go, but tell Dish that you have 4 TVs and don't try to explain that you're only hooking up 2. If you don't need DVR in the bedroom then you can just get a 622/722 and a regular HD receiver for the bedroom.

"my gf is adamant about not having a box in the bedroom" .... uh..... no comment.... regardless, you can place the receiver in a damn CLOSET or something... or under a dresser... and use the RF remote instead of IR remote.

I can't see you install from here, but I think the installer would just do the whole setup. I think you can get 4 TVs connected as part of a standard install.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)