Looking to jump ship. Need some Q's answered

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nuttz565

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
colorado
Hey guys thinking about coming over to D and have some questions before I make the plunge

1.Does the HR34 have the ability to output 2 signals at once. Currently I have my 722K out putting signal to two different tv's, 1 via hdmi and 1 via coaxial.Can 2 different remotes be used on the HR34
2.Do the regular HD receivers also have the ability as listed above? Do they come with uhf remotes or have the option to use them on the receiver?
3.Anyone kn ow where the current best specials or deals are at for new customers?
4.Can you access any of the on demand functions on all of the recievers on the network or only on the hr34?

Thanks guys

Hey guys thinking about coming over to D and have some questions before I make the plunge

1.Does the HR34 have the ability to output 2 signals at once. Currently I have my 722K out putting signal to two different tv's, 1 via hdmi and 1 via coaxial.Can 2 different remotes be used on the HR34
2.Do the regular HD receivers also have the ability as listed above? Do they come with uhf remotes or have the option to use them on the receiver?
3.Anyone kn ow where the current best specials or deals are at for new customers?
4.Can you access any of the on demand functions on all of the recievers on the network or only on the hr34?

Thanks guys

1. all feeds are live but watch the same thing. dont see why you cant use 2 remotes
but why not just put an hd box in the room
2. see 1
3. look at directv website
4. not sure

1. The way the 722 works, each TV is pulling one of the 722's tuners. The HR34 essentially mimics this behavior with the new C31 unit, but with 5 tuners instead of 2.
2. "regular" (non-DVR) receivers have 1 tuner, so hooking them up to more than one TV doesn't make much sense. Also, the H25 does not have a built-in RF antenna, you need a separate attachment to use an RF remote. The C31 has a built-in RF antenna.
3. What mdram said.
4. On demand functions only work on DVR receivers (a hard drive is required to download VOD).

To expand on the prior answers to #4, you need a DVR (like the HR34) to download on demand, but yes you can access the on demand from any tuner.IE we have h25's in the bedrooms and we can access and download on demand programming to the HR34 in the living room or the HR23 in the den and then watch it in the tv in the bedroom.
So while you do need a dvr to download on demand, you can access it from any tuner ,provided you have whole home set up.

Directv has deals through Costco, Best Buy (if you purchased something for $399 or more), Refer a Friend discounts, and AAA discounts. Just depends on what you have and what kind of deals you want. Currently you can get Sunday Ticket MAX for free as part of the national promo.

As for promo's get everything upfront and pay nothing...Anything else is not good enough. The current advertised promo's are great but don't stop there demand more.. Yes AAA is $10 a month for 18 months a great add on. The new HR 34 is normally like $99 but you can get all this free if you push. Never accept paying anything. Get free Hd for life, free HR 34, free install, free movies, free NFL ticket, etc. You get one chance every two years. If someone says no hang up and try again. Do your homework and demand it all...

1. all feeds are live but watch the same thing. dont see why you cant use 2 remotes
but why not just put an hd box in the room
2. see 1
3. look at directv website
4. not sure

I have a spare bedroom that has a tv in it that does not get used much therefor getting a seperate receiver for this room is really not needed.Currently I have a 211K hooked up to my tv in my bedroom and also the spare bedroom tv I ran a coaxial from the 211K and it works great this way, just wanted to make sure the H25 could do this as well. Couple more questions I thought about that I was hoping I could get some more info on
1.On the HR34 can you hook up a EHD and are you able to view the recordings on every tv in the house with a h25 or just on the HR34?
2. Also just to clarify, say I went with the HR34 and 3 h25's. Would that give me a total of 8 tuners 5 of being which I can record to at the same time? So could I then watch 4 different programs and record 4 at the same time? Just want to make sure I understand how the HR34 works correctly? Thanks

I have a spare bedroom that has a tv in it that does not get used much therefor getting a seperate receiver for this room is really not needed.Currently I have a 211K hooked up to my tv in my bedroom and also the spare bedroom tv I ran a coaxial from the 211K and it works great this way, just wanted to make sure the H25 could do this as well. Couple more questions I thought about that I was hoping I could get some more info on
1.On the HR34 can you hook up a EHD and are you able to view the recordings on every tv in the house with a h25 or just on the HR34?
2. Also just to clarify, say I went with the HR34 and 3 h25's. Would that give me a total of 8 tuners 5 of being which I can record to at the same time? So could I then watch 4 different programs and record 4 at the same time? Just want to make sure I understand how the HR34 works correctly? Thanks

1. yes the EHD would replace the internal, not expand it
and yes any h25 can view the recordings, also h24, hr24, and some others
2. yep you could watch something live on each h25, something live on the hr34, and record 4 things
watching a live event on the hr34 would use one of the 5 tuners

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)