Looking to Receive Pittsburgh Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

zff

Original poster
Dec 7, 2007
I live the greater Akron, Ohio area (zipcode 44319). I am using an analog TV right not but will be getting a digital receiver in the near future. I have been to all the websites and talked to a couple different TV Antenna salesman about being able to receive channels from Pittsburgh, PA. When I bought my house it had an antenna on the roof with out a rotor. I manunally turned it one night to attempt to get channels from Youngstown. They were recieved just fine and I noticed that Channel 2 KDKA from Pittsburgh was some what viewable. Now a few years later I have the bug to get the rest of the stations from Pittsburgh. I recently bought a Channel Master 7777 preamp and was on the roof last week searching for the signals. Channel 2 is not visible at all. Channel 4 and Channel 11 are watchable but still are fuzzy. I have been told a WINEGARD HD 7084P TV Antenna along with the preamp will give me the best chance to receive these stations. But before sinking my money in to the quest I has hoping somebody in my general area could tell me it this is possible. Any thoughts or advice will be greatly appreciated.

You're looking at 85 miles over irregular terrain. You need a 900 ft tower to get the signal up to -100dB. Watch Cleveland.

I live 80 miles east of Pittsburgh and receive all the locals via digital HD at 80% signal level. Your old antenna is probably VHF. You need a deep fringe high quality UHF antenna. Mine is the DB8 from antennasdirect.com. You will need a preamp also...they sell a bundle that includes all. This setup works great for me.

Thanks for the great info goober55. I have a vhf/uhf antenna now but I just found out it is very old. I am looking to get new antenna and I will look at your suggestion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts