Looking to trade Dish 942 for a Motorola 922

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
HDTVFanAtic said:
The same reason Dish would sell you a 942 or a 811 on 1/31/2006 the day before they became outdated on 2/1/2006.

Every company will push what they have until the end.

Hmmmm, didn't someone on here sell a 942 on 1/31/2006?

iammike said:

I have a "friend" who BOUGHT a 942 for someone on Ebay on the 30th. >>>> LOL >>>> I tried to warn him about the changes comming BUT he JUST COULDN'T RESIST the SUPER DEAL he got!!!!!!

On another note I will be getting my 922 up & runng soon again and I am going to find a HD200 too.
BryanSR

nailzs said:
What? You make no sense. Don't equate the business tactics of Dish to every satellite company.

Do you understand basic business?

Book of Daniel has already been cancelled by NBC but they are still showing the episodes they paid for. They simply haven't canned them.

They also are selling commercials on the program. They aren't running it commercial free.

Gillette is still selling Mach 3 razors even though they debut Fusion on Sunday.

As long as you have something, you maximize it.

That is exactly what Starz is trying to do until they migrate to mega-pipe or some variation as will all HD Providers eventually as there are not enough satellite transponders otherwise if everything was to go HD as it is now (and there aren't enough transponders even then).

iammike said:

Exactly - because you maximize what you have until the end.

Now the person I sold it to is happy and I am happy - and $100 richer for not following your device instead of giving someone with a 922 a sweet deal.

HDTVFanAtic said:
That is exactly what Starz is trying to do until they migrate to mega-pipe or some variation as will all HD Providers eventually as there are not enough satellite transponders otherwise if everything was to go HD as it is now (and there aren't enough transponders even then).

How about supplying some proof of that statement.

HDTVFanAtic said:
Do you understand basic business?

Book of Daniel has already been cancelled by NBC but they are still showing the episodes they paid for. They simply haven't canned them.

They also are selling commercials on the program. They aren't running it commercial free.

NBC buys a set number of programs and if the ratings are what's expected the show gets canned, they don't order any more. What's so hard to understand about that?

HDTVFanAtic said:
Gillette is still selling Mach 3 razors even though they debut Fusion on Sunday.

And Gillette still sells disposable razors. Detroit car makers produce new models of cars. So what?

HDTVFanAtic said:
As long as you have something, you maximize it.

What does this have to do with Starz and C-Band? It's like I said don't equate how Dish screws customers with any other satellite based business.

nailzs said:
NBC buys a set number of programs and if the ratings are what's expected the show gets canned, they don't order any more. What's so hard to understand about that?

And Gillette still sells disposable razors. Detroit car makers produce new models of cars. So what?

What does this have to do with Starz and C-Band? It's like I said don't equate how Dish screws customers with any other satellite based business.

Your inability to understand basic business principals is amazing.

Guess you will keep saying "Would you like that order supersized?" all your life.

HDTVFanAtic said:
Exactly - because you maximize what you have until the end.

Now the person I sold it to is happy and I am happy - and $100 richer for not following your device instead of giving someone with a 922 a sweet deal.

I will have to admit I'm glad you're not following my device. :)

Someone paying over $400 for a 942 that can only get part of the Dish HD channels is just plain crazy. But hey, there's one born every minute and you found one. At least you helped the poor slob get programming on it before they were totall SOL. IMO, a 922 is way sweeter than anything Dish sells. Especially when you look at the beautiful HD a 922 modded with a r5000hd mod puts out. Dish can't even come close.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts