Looks like KQML may be going live soon

Discussion in 'Over the Air TV By RabbitEars.Info' started by comfortably_numb, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Mgsports

Mgsports SatelliteGuys Pro

2. comfortably_numb

comfortably_numb Topic Starter Dogs have owners, cats have staff Pub Member / Supporter

What does that link have to do with this thread?

3. neil_kc1

neil_kc1 SatelliteGuys Pro

I think this is a great thing. According to Rabbit Ears, KQML is running at the same tower height as KCMN's new but at only 10kw of power. KCMN is going to run at 15kw. Since I am able to pick up KQML at the lower power I am hoping that KCMN will come in like gangbusters.

comfortably_numb likes this.
  4. comfortably_numb

comfortably_numb Topic Starter Dogs have owners, cats have staff Pub Member / Supporter

Hey Neil, check out Post #18. In Lee's Summit, KQML is actually stronger than KCMN for some reason-

5. RaVo68

RaVo68 Member

Where I live in Liberty, both KQML and KCMN have a stronger signal then KAJF?

6. comfortably_numb

They may be sending the signal in a directional pattern. Sounds like perhaps KQML and KCMN are directed north and east, where KAJF might be directed south. I'm not an expert, so maybe Trip can weigh in-

RaVo68 likes this.
  7. RaVo68

RaVo68 Member

I never thought about that and it's a good possibility! Even before they went down in May KCMN has always had a stronger signal KAJF. I always thought it was because I live in a 2 edge area but the directional thing makes sense!!

8. Trip

Trip RabbitEars Webmaster Staff Member HERE TO HELP YOU!

All three are omni. Local reception conditions may vary even for stations coming out of the same antenna due to local obstructions or due to different performance of either your receive antenna or the transmit antenna at the different frequencies.

- Trip

RaVo68 and comfortably_numb like this.
  9. Mgsports

And KQML has just 3 channels at moment. Pertaining to that link like Biz TV,Youtoo America need APP to wtach them.

10. neil_kc1

neil_kc1 SatelliteGuys Pro

I think most of the stations that have to move go through a period of lower power output. And some of the low powered channels like the ones we are discussing have told me if they get bumped by the FCC they don't always have the money to make the changes. If I am reading rabbit ears right, several of the low powered stations have until June of 2020 when they are expected to be relocated. So we may see a gradual increase in their signal as they move their transmission antenna higher.

11. Tower Guy

Tower Guy SatelliteGuys Pro

When an omnidirectional transmit antenna is side-mounted on a tower there are significant reflections from the tower. The reflections tend to create a scalloping of the pattern with deep nulls in some directions. The scalloping varies with frequency and the distance between the antenna and tower. I would not draw any conclusions when comparing two side-mounted LPTV stations.

12. RaVo68

RaVo68 Member

Just wondering if KCMN 42 is dark again as I am not able to pick up a signal!

13. comfortably_numb

Appears to be offline or very weak-

459EBF05-F5AC-49A0-A2BD-FB2B8BDA015F.png

RaVo68 and charlesrshell like this.
  14. Mgsports

Separate names with a comma.

More...