Looks like LegitFTA.com has been hi-jacked.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
As far as I know legitfta is no more.

We are now working with Manhattan directly and will post there updates here as they are released.

This is what I get. :eek:

Attachments

• satguys11.JPG
    satguys11.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 281
I get a 404, prior to that I hadn't been able to get to legitfta at all for days, it just timed out.

On my cell phone I get the perscription site as well however on all my PC's I get a 404.

Again I am being told that LegitFTA is no more and in looking at the site you got to wonder how Legit the site really was when it was being hosted in Panama.

We welcome all LegitFTA members and again are working directly with Manhattan to give you world class support on it. :)

Since Manhattan had chose this site "LegitFTA" to be their "official" site, I wonder how well this bodes for us actually getting support for the Manhattan?

Wow I had no idea all operations based in Panama were automatically considered illegal just for being (outside of USA perhaps?) in Panama.

Since Manhattan had chose this site "LegitFTA" to be their "official" site, I wonder how well this bodes for us actually getting support for the Manhattan?
I am told that Manhattan was dropped from Legits site last week. I don't have any more details that I can share publiclly though.

Stone is here and can help you out with Manhattan issues in addition Iceberg has been sent a unit and will be getting up to speed on the Manhattan as well. :)

Hooray!

I am told that Manhattan was dropped from Legits site last week. I don't have any more details that I can share publiclly though.

Stone is here and can help you out with Manhattan issues in addition Iceberg has been sent a unit and will be getting up to speed on the Manhattan as well. :)

Now you are talking!

I have been waiting for Iceberg to evaluate that machine. I mean no derogation of the other reporting users, including especially Stone and you, but even I know that Iceberg writes good reviews. The Manhattan entered the market quite some time ago, and Mr. Schumann and Company have fixed some of its bugs. Now, we need a good review of a recently made specimen.

We should remember, though, that the Manhattan's chips limit what it can do. Those limitations keep users from seeing broadcasts made in 4:2:2. So, maybe Mr. Schumann will give us a new model, perhaps called the "Brooklyn"?

If this site gets the same support that legitfta got, then you can await many vacations from the boss man and his technical staff as this stb needs quick attention as it is lacking basic attributesthat all fta receivers have at the moment. Their latest file locked us out of future file updates because of some protective sw in the file, any new updates on my manhattan say invalid file while attempting to flash. Apparently, the only solution on my end is to install an rs232 port to the back of the receiver- something that obviously should have been incorporated with the original. Good luck with this receiver, it lacks basic functions and is more expensive then the openbox which may be a bit buggy but great bang for the buck.

Now you are talking!

I have been waiting for Iceberg to evaluate that machine. I mean no derogation of the other reporting users, including especially Stone and you, but even I know that Iceberg writes good reviews. The Manhattan entered the market quite some time ago, and Mr. Schumann and Company have fixed some of its bugs. Now, we need a good review of a recently made specimen.

We should remember, though, that the Manhattan's chips limit what it can do. Those limitations keep users from seeing broadcasts made in 4:2:2. So, maybe Mr. Schumann will give us a new model, perhaps called the "Brooklyn"?

4:2:2 chroma is a nice thing to watch, but I only see one every week or so. I can watch that nicely with my PCI setup. If Manhattan can deliver on it's advertized specs, it'll be the best receiver available, even without 4:2:2 . :)

Their latest file locked us out of future file updates because of some protective sw in the file, any new updates on my manhattan say invalid file while attempting to flash. Apparently, the only solution on my end is to install an rs232 port to the back of the receiver- something that obviously should have been incorporated with the original. Good luck with this receiver, it lacks basic functions and is more expensive then the openbox which may be a bit buggy but great bang for the buck.
Yes this was a problem with the last beta update, which has since been corrected.

There is ZERO reason for a receiver to have an RS232 port on it if your using it legally. But with that said a ethernet connection on the back would be good for streaming from the web and from your home media server and could also help if the box gets locked up due to an update. :)

With the problem they had there is a reason why it was called Beta software. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
There is ZERO reason for a receiver to have an RS232 port on it if your using it legally.

Having many years of experience with contracts providing warranty repair services for several major STB companies, I strongly disagree with this statement.

Firmware faults happen with any firmware file and is not related to legal or illegal receiver operation. Firmware issues often disable the USB and ethernet ports. Serial port communication is often the only way to restore STB operation on a receiver. Eliminating the RS232 serial on the rear panel would only be acceptable if a serial communication header is provided on the PCB.

Having many years of experience with contracts providing warranty repair services for several major STB companies, I strongly disagree with this statement.

Firmware faults happen with any firmware file and is not related to legal or illegal receiver operation. Firmware issues often disable the USB and ethernet ports. Serial port communication is often the only way to restore STB operation on a receiver. Eliminating the RS232 serial on the rear panel would only be acceptable if a serial communication header is provided on the PCB.

I agree ........ That said, the Pansat 9200 was able to be recovered with the USB port at boot by reading a file and burning it before booting. That eliminated a need for a serial port. Now that said, the 9200 still has a serial port, but Pansat never did to my knowlege develop any loader to go with it.
As far as the legalities go, I feel that a hacker will find a way to accomplish his goals weather a serial port is there or not. So having a serial port does not make a receiver an illegal device. It is simply "old school", and can make life easier for people if it is ever needed. Just my humble opinion of course! Have a great day!

Last edited:
the serial port inside the pansat?
i saved many 3500sd by flashing the eeprom in that.... especially after they came out with the b80 upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)