looks like my 811 is going to sh*t

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
Got home today. Picture freezes every 15 - 20 seconds. I have to change channels to make it come back. THen it freezes again. Tried to reboot. Still happening. When I use the remote - that acts up as well. If I hit channel up, it goes up two channels, i hit down, it goes down two channels. basically, whatever button i hit on the remote, it does it twice real fast. i check and i have the new softward 280 or whatever it is.

is the warranty for the 811 three months or a year?

anyone else having problems today?

korsjs said:
Got home today. Picture freezes every 15 - 20 seconds. I have to change channels to make it come back. THen it freezes again. Tried to reboot. Still happening. When I use the remote - that acts up as well. If I hit channel up, it goes up two channels, i hit down, it goes down two channels. basically, whatever button i hit on the remote, it does it twice real fast. i check and i have the new softward 280 or whatever it is.

Warrenty is a yr. Did you just get the update? Try the soft reset and see fi that corrects the problem. Also try a hard one by pulling the plug.

1 yr

And I too have noticed a lot more "pixelation" of images of late.... almost like the processor internally can't keep up. Can't say I've got the problems you're seeing (never had a lockup or anything major like that). Any else noticed this?

korsjs said:
Since the 811 is still in beta stage, and not ready for release, you'd think they'd extend the warranty to one year after it's actually good enough for general release. Of course, when theydo finally get it to work even close to correctly, they'll discontinue it, and release some other crap pile in its place.

sirlurkalot said:
1 yr

And I too have noticed a lot more "pixelation" of images of late.... almost like the processor internally can't keep up. Can't say I've got the problems you're seeing (never had a lockup or anything major like that). Any else noticed this?

Yeah. More artifacts and picture/audio freezes. I'm hoping that most of that will go away after the Olympics is over and they go back to 2 channels per transponder as I haven't seen these problems on HD-Net or HD-Net Movies.

NightRyder

looks like my 811 is going to sh*t?

Huh??? Is this a new feature of the 811 or something, I didn't know it had bowel movements :D

The SW Download killed my 811. It will not Turn on. I called Dish and 2 days later I had a new one. I havent hooked it up to see if it has 2.80 If it dont I wont Download it. I hope it has 2.69.

-Chas

korsjs said:

As I posted in http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=26641 , got 280 and watched movie on DSCHD last night and although PQ looked good, I was getting a strange "freeze-jump" thing. Sort of like a slow mo frame jump. Just video though - audio stayed normal.

Waltinvt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)