Loop current error

Bobinct

Original poster
Oct 21, 2006
Hi -
getting this message from my 522 on incoming phone calls, Call ID on 2 other 311's works ok as does the call ID on the phone. Hooked up a test phone to the line going to the 522 and dial tone is fine as is all other phone funtions. 522 says no dial tone detected - anybody got any good ideas?

Have you tried temporarily running a line from another room to your 522 to see if it's the phone jack (or if it's the receiver)? Not suggesting you keep the phone line stretched across the floor all the time...just to verify things.

Yeah - tried that, no change - as I said, I also diconnected the phone line from the back of the 522 box and hooked up a test phone to test that line - worked fine.

SBC DSL line - this had been working good for months and just started doing this a couple of weeks ago

Filter is in place, tried swapping filters around from an other phone jack to see if it would help, no luck - if you do a connection test on the 522 it says " no connection - test phone line " Pretty sure I've done that !!

Well if it worked fine before and if you hook up another receiver to that same line and it works, then I would suspect maybe it could be a modem problem with the 522. Call E* and see what they say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)