Status
Please reply by conversation.

utah2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 22, 2010
new york
Hello all : Good holidays to all.

I tried hooking up my DSR 905 side to S9 loop out with mixed results . My goal was to use C band off my 6 ft W/O running addl O/S coax. My current set is I run from c band co rotor & Norsat C band LNB to diseq switch at 36 " ku dish & every thing ku & cband comes down 1 cable to s9 receiver. ( I use old HT receiver to move 6 footer and DG 380 to move 36 ". ) This setup works pretty good so far. DSR 905 will not work when hook to same setup , I guess beause of Diseq. So I tried loop out & it works with a strong signal on GB (91 deg) satellite cband & a not so strong signal on PBS @ G28 for Nebraska PBS & No signal on AMC 1 @ 103. I notice that s9 does loose signal at times when trying to use dsr 905 . I want 905 working fopr all three PBS from nebraska insted of just huskervision on DVB side. Hskervision apparently dedeicated to college sports & only switches to net 1 programming on a select type basis as far as I know. I wonder if a splitter would work at c band LNB on 6ft & running separate coax as last resort. Also has anyone to date had a fix for s9 clock ? Any info would be appreciated . Thanks much.

I've used the loop out on my OpenBox to feed a second receiver. Two things I found out for me, the loop out will only pass out what ever satellite dish and lnb polarity that the main receiver is set to. You can view any TP or channel within that polarity on the sat. Second was the signal level coming out the loop out is lower than what goes in. I had better results by using a splitter with power pass thru directed to the main receiver, 2nd port sent to the extra receiver, and not use the pass thru at all. One note, you still can only look at one polarity at a time for both.

Jim

Edit: Whats wrong with the clock, mine seems ok?

S9 loop out & clock issues

Tantalusfld: Thanks for the reply. I think splitter at dish lnb is next thing I will try. Problem with clock on S9 box is everytime you go to standby mode & back to operation mode you lose date & time setting. If yours does not: what version firmware are you running ? if clock problem has been fixed it will be a big improvement. Only way to use pvr timers on openbox is to leave unit on or some other go around method.

Opensat S9, spitfire lnb, norsat cband lnb, 36" geosatpro dish, 6ft unimesh dish, dsr905 S/C receiver

Utah,

I've had the OpenBox for several months but just recently started playing around with the PVR, therefore hadn't payed any attention to the clock till now, in fact I never set it. Was on perfect time by itself. I guess certain sats you land on set it for you. So my PVR worked fine till I read your post and re-powered the receiver, now it's way off, so I guess I have it too. Firmware is HDS2-10-07-11:072AMT. Now I have to figure what sat sets the time for you.

Jim

Clock issues S9

OK: TantalusFld thanks again for responses. Every STB FTA box I've had also had clock issues (FLU, Coolsat5k, & now S9. BTW I have same firmware that U list. If you set s9 box time by turning GMT usage on it will at least hold date when shut off but no matter what area; city etc & time offset from GMT that U use the time will change when moving to a diff satellite. The fix that's needed is for setting time when not using GMT & setting your own date & time: when box is turned off U lose it. Some ones got to gently pressure s9 mfg. to fix this. Timers can be used by setting multi[ples at one time or not turning box off (best method). This is less of issue based on most FTA CHs. no epg therefore must use manual timer setting most of time. Other then possible voltage spikes I don't think any harm by leaving box on all the time. HJowever mfg. has no business releasing s9 without correcting clock . I wonder if Europe users have this issue & are putting up with it. Makes no sense as I think Europe has much more fta with epg listing .
Utah2

Utah,

Since I posted this morning, and goofed up the clock by re-starting the OpenBox, it has since re-set to correct time on it's own again. I usually never shut down the receiver so I will watch closley if yet another sat changes the time improperly. So far I've been lucky, clock and record timer work ok.

Jim

Some transponders broadcast a time signal, but it's not the CORRECT time. Some of them are apparently broadcasting their local time rather than GMT, for example.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)