Lose multiple TVs with upgrade

bendog

Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
I'm moving from a 2700 to a 6120.

With the previous setup, the antenna and sat signals were combined and then spread to other TVs in the house with coax.

As I'm hooking the 6120 up to everything, I'm not seeing the "out to TV" output, presumably because this has all the HDTV connections.

Is there a way to continue to put the sat signal (I'll even give up the antenna signal; it hasn't worked in a long time, anyway) to the other tvs...

Right now I've got the 6120 going to an HD monitor and a DVD/VCR player thrown in the mix.

Can anyone suggestion a site that includes wiring diagrams that might help?

thanks!

You will need to get a seperate RF modulator and connect it to one set of the composit outputs of the 6100 as the 6100 (not 6120) does not have one built in. Then just hook it to your coax like you had the 2700 hooked.

Just a little FYI: the receiver is 6100, the 6120 number means that you got a 6100 system and it included a dish.

6100, 6120.... what ever it takes..... ;)

Thanks so much for your help!

It's getting a little tense in the home office when we can't watch the Olympics.

Still being new to all this stuff (hence my 6100/6120 faux pas), I'm learning a lot every day. I assume I can get one of these RF modulators at an electronics store and then connect it with one of the the red/white/yellow connectors?

thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)