Losing 110 intermittantly late afternoon

hmmm. a dpp 44 switch wont work without a power inserter. you would have 0 signal on all tvs.
but whatever, its probably not that
so the tech came over?

hmmm. a dpp 44 switch wont work without a power inserter. you would have 0 signal on all tvs.
but whatever, its probably not that
so the tech came over?

I can take pics if you like....the only things that are plugged in are the power cords for the boxes themselves:)

where else would the power inserter be??? nothing plugged in connected to the switch.... :confused:

tech replaced the grounding block outside in a box on the house.....also re-did cable that was pinched and put new connectors on all 4 connections on grounding block.....we'll see.....trying to do 1 thing at a time so we will know what fixes it...

Asked tech about power inserter and he says they never use them with the switches.....I'm serious on this......

Last edited:
anyone else heard of a dpp44 that works without a power inserter???
if they make those, i want one!

well, let us know how the signal is.

All DPP44s will work without a power inserter if a receiver is connected to port 1. However, the high current draw may fry the receiver's power supply especially if a DPP LNB is used.

For temperature sensitive problems, it usually the LNB or the center conductor at a connector somewhere is too short and when the temperature drops, it shrinks and looses connection until it warms up again and expands and makes contact. The switch's connectors require an extra eighth of an inch more stinger than other connectors.

All DPP44s will work without a power inserter if a receiver is connected to port 1. However, the high current draw may fry the receiver's power supply especially if a DPP LNB is used.

It will work... intermittently. I've had to get a system going that way before (4 separate condos on a ski hill) until I could get into the condo where the power inserter had come unplugged.

It worked for a while... and then started getting pretty consistent, though seemingly random, signal loss.

first problem is you need a new tech. look at out port number 1 on switch, it even say power inserter. demand it.

Is your neighbor a cop who happens to come home around 430 EST? See if you can hook up radar detector near dish, it picks up same frequencies as dish. police speed radar often is ku band

It will work... intermittently. I've had to get a system going that way before (4 separate condos on a ski hill) until I could get into the condo where the power inserter had come unplugged.

It worked for a while... and then started getting pretty consistent, though seemingly random, signal loss.

Update 4/15: Still not working.

Have left messages for tech to bring power inserter and get my system hooked up the way it should be!!:rolleyes:

Since I have 4 recievers on the DPP44 is it correct in assuming if a power inserter is put on port 1 that another switch will be needed for the reciever that was on port 1:eureka:eureka:confused::confused::hungry::hungry:

Also called corp office in Denver and left message there about this ongoing problem that I am really getting frustrated about!!:mad::mad:

I am attaching some pics I took of the screen.....a new one showed up this morning on the local channels.....

Attachments

• 0412092042.jpg
    0412092042.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 0412092043.jpg
    0412092043.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 0412092044.jpg
    0412092044.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 0415090858.jpg
    0415090858.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 103
Aug. 07 = 20 months.

Models: 625, 522, 322, 301 Using DVR's in Single mode.

Dish 500

No upgrades other than putting in the New Smart Cards I got in the mail last week.....only the 301 had one in. Put New Cards in all 4 now.

Grounding block in box on outside of house where cables fro LNB are attached to a diplexer/splitter:what anyway seems to be grounded O.K. at that point.

The tech is coming tomorrow...I did see a kink in the wire outside and told him about that, so hope he gets that replaced tomorrow.....:bow

You must have a power inserter. You cannot run 3 duals and a single receiver unless you are using dish pro plus equipment (i.e. dp44 switch) that must have the power inserter entering port 1 on the switch. Somewhere between port one and the receiver connected to port 1, there IS a power inserter (maybe plugged in near the switch). Trace the line from port 1 and find the power inserter. If it is not there, then either it is on the wrong line (most likely) or missing (but I would expect far greater problems). It will be putting out just about 20 volts if working correctly.

You must have a power inserter. You cannot run 3 duals and a single receiver unless you are using dish pro plus equipment (i.e. dp44 switch) that must have the power inserter entering port 1 on the switch. Somewhere between port one and the receiver connected to port 1, there IS a power inserter (maybe plugged in near the switch). Trace the line from port 1 and find the power inserter. If it is not there, then either it is on the wrong line (most likely) or missing (but I would expect far greater problems). It will be putting out just about 20 volts if working correctly.

Evidently NOT....1st Cable goes to separater then to the 522 Sat.1 & Sat.2 in.:D

If Dish brings one can it go on the cable before the separater then just plug it in or does this reciever need to be connected to another switch coming of the first switch???:hungry::eureka

The power inserter is easily placed either behind the receiver in-line, or at a place near the switch that has a plug. It is just a connect and plug-in thing. Easy.

The power inserter is easily placed either behind the receiver in-line, or at a place near the switch that has a plug. It is just a connect and plug-in thing. Easy.

Thanks!! :up

If they ever call me to set up a time I'll tell them to bring one.....:cool:

Thanks!! :up

If they ever call me to set up a time I'll tell them to bring one.....:cool:

That's really puzzling. DPP44's come in a package including the switch AND the power inserter. DPP44 switches from Dish NEVER EVER EVER come without a power inserter. What the crap are those techs doing with them? :confused:

no other switch needed. if you look at the switch at port one and it says "to power inserter" then it definately is a dpp44, and, should go to a power inserter. this is what powers the switch, gets enough voltage to the lnb, and ensures all receivers work correctly. older legacy 44's dont need them (i think) but you would need TWO 44's to power your 4 receivers, as the dual tuners would require two lines in that case and could not use a seperator.
ive put them (power inserters) by the switch, in the basement before, but if you traced the line all the way from port one to the receiver and didnt find one...then i guess you dont have one. i was always under the impression your system wouldnt work at all in that case, i've been to lots of service calls where somebody had unplugged the power inserter and everything stopped working.

here's a manual:
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/...allation_Considerations-DP_Plus_44_Switch.pdf

Last edited:
That's really puzzling. DPP44's come in a package including the switch AND the power inserter. DPP44 switches from Dish NEVER EVER EVER come without a power inserter. What the crap are those techs doing with them? :confused:
good question, and then the tech told the guy they dont even use them. what kind of deal is that?

good question, and then the tech told the guy they dont even use them. what kind of deal is that?

Supervisers coming out today.....we'll see what happens and I'll update later today or tomorrow......:rolleyes:

BTW Thanks to all for the ideas/suggestions etc. learned alot on here in the last week....:up

O.K. I think problem is solved.....they came this morning , added power inserter, changed all cable connections.

It was working when they came and when they left.......

It happened again at 3:30 EST :down.....tech came back and decided to replace cable from Dish to grounding block on outside of house.....

here's the kicker :eek:....found that the cable was wedged inbetween the foundation and a stone wall that surrounds a tree.......

the settleing of the ground and stone wall over 21 months had the cable pinched really tight.......seems the afternoon sun would warm the ground and stone etc. and pinch harder....:yikes

Anyway.....he replaced the cable and everything is back!!!!!! :D:D

aww man, he should have found that on the first visit, or at least the second!!
if you cant verify the cable is good ALL the way, replace it!!!

aww man, he should have found that on the first visit, or at least the second!!
if you cant verify the cable is good ALL the way, replace it!!!

I kept telling them it has to be between the dish & the switch to affect all 4 recievers.....last thing anyone wanted to do was replace cable......:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts