Losing 121

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

qna

Original poster
May 13, 2005
I have been losing satellite 121 on and off during the last few days. The problem starts with a searching for signal screen and then signal never comes back unless I either connect to a different port on the lnb side or on the receiver side and perform a check switch. I have a dp34. This evening the problem came back and I tried switching to different ports and rechecked the switch. However I could not get the switch to find 121. Previously, when the switch did find 121, the signal strength was always at the same level as when there wasn't any problem. I also tried bypassing dp34, but could not get the receiver to recognize 121 either. How do I make sure the receiver is not trying to go through a switch when I bypass? I did unhook the coax and did a switch check to clear up the matrix before bypassing the switch.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

qna said:
How do I make sure the receiver is not trying to go through a switch when I bypass?

Well it can't if there's no switch, you're bypassing it. Run a check switch "after" you barrel your receiver line with the 121 cable line off the switch. If 121 checks out (and it would be the only one in the matrix obviously) then you've got a bad switch.

Since you tried moving your satellite lines around and found 121 again, did you lose 119 or 110 when you placed it where 121 use to be? Sounds like the switch is crapping out or the FSS LNB is giving you trouble. I doubt it's the receiver but you never know.

BTW, what is/was your signal strength on 121?

Last edited:
I am going after only 121, I don't have any cable for 110 or 119. So when I bypass and run a check switch, the receiver doesn't find any switch. I did have my receiver replaced last year. The signal strength was 80-90 when the switch would find 121.

qna said:
I am going after only 121, I don't have any cable for 110 or 119.

So you don't even need the switch then if all you subscribe to is 121. Unless you want to feed more than 1 receiver.

Precisely, and I am feeding only one receiver. The fact that I am not able to get 121 when I bypass is probably telling me it may not be the switch. The other variables are the receiver or the dish. Since I have not seen any decline in signal strength when I would get them, I would presume it might not be the dish. Any thoughts on this?

All that's left is the receiver and dish as you said. I think the only way to know now is to trade out the receiver or the FSS LNB, it's one or the other. I'm leaning toward a bad FSS LNB vs the receiver, but not much else can be assumed without trading either component out.

Scheduled a service call with dish network and they came in and found a bad splice and replaced it. Everything else looked fine. Back in business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)