Losing signal on recievers

chg

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 9, 2006
I have a 722 and 922 receiver with the Eastern Arc. I also have a 110 dish attached to the Eastern Arc dish. (I think it is 110. I was using this for Distant HD's.)

I am having a problem losing/acquiring the sat signal on both receivers. ItT will work fine for a day or two, then the next day, I will try turn on the TV and it will show acquiring signal, but, never lock in. The only way to fix this, is to unplug both receivers, then plug them back in. If I just unplug one receiver, it will not fix the problem. There is no consistent time for this happening. Some times it takes a couple/few days, sometimes it is the next day.

If I just keep one of the receivers plugged in (does not matter which one) I do not have this problem.

Anybody have any ideas?

Sounds like lnb starting to go bad.Those internal switches on the 1000.4 dishes don't seem to hold up very well.I had the exact same problem here.HAd a 612 and a 622 using 2 dish separators.What I did to solve the issue was to remove the 622 from the 1000.4 dish as I have a hybrid western arc setup.Haven't had any problems since.If you have the coverage plan I would contact one of the dirt members here to get a tech out to replace that lnb.

Could it be the LNB even though I have no problems when I only use one receiver?

Could it be the LNB even though I have no problems when I only use one receiver?

Yes it sure could.That is what I was talking about.The internal switch on the lnb goes bonkers when more than 1 receiver with dual inputs is connected to it.I am fairly certain you have an lnb going bad.

Yes it sure could.That is what I was talking about.The internal switch on the lnb goes bonkers when more than 1 receiver with dual inputs is connected to it.I am fairly certain you have an lnb going bad.

Thanks.

Maybe I will try replacing my lnb. Seems like it wasn't that long ago I put the Eastern Arc dish up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts