Losing signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

B-Dub

Original poster
Jan 28, 2007
Indiana
Hello,

I have a bit of a problem. I have searched for the answer, and have came across a few possible answers. Last week I installed a DP34 switch so I could run multiple receivers. I have a Dish 1000 and a VIP 211. I need the switch so I can feed the 211, a 622 and a 301. I currently only have the 211 activated so I cannot test with another receiver.

My problem:
I am losing signal when changing channels. I actually lose transponders. When I installed the switch, I installed it per the directions, both cables off of the twin to the first two inputs, and the 129 feed to the third. I ran a check switch, and everything tested fine. Later that night, I tried to listen to the Sirius Channels and noticed that the receiver was searching for signal once the channel was changed. I ran a switch test again, and it showed everything working correctly. So I took the cables loose from the switch and checked that they were tight and re-installed them. I then ran another switch test, and everything seemed fine. Two days later, it started happening again. I am using new RG6 Coax ran from the switch to the junction in my home. From the junction to the receiver is RG 6 also. It was installed in the home when we built it in 2001. Until I added the switch, everything was fine. I have a problem believing the switch in bad though. Maybe it is. I have a hard time believing the cable is going bad also. If I had to believe one of the two, it would be that the switch has went tits up on me. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

B-Dub

Do you have any barrels in the line - splice and/or wallplates? If so is it rated for 2150 MHz (this can be identified by blue centers)

If you have ground blocks, are they new and rated?

Do you have any staples in the line?

I have one splice, in the junction box where the cable from the switch connects to the cable traveling through the wall. One wall plate at the receiver. I actually had one more splce before I installe the switch. It was located right inside the wall where the cable from the dish ran into the house and I connected to the cable headed into the junction box. It worked perfectly at that time. I do not currently have ground blocks installed. I do not have any staples either. I am starting to really lean toward this stinking switch. I unhooked one lead from the switch and spliced it directly to the cable running into the junction box. It is working fine now. If indeed the switch is bad, what are the odds of that?

The answer is simple. The DishProPlus Twin LNBF on your Dish 1000 is NOT compatable with a DP34 switch. You need to use either a DPP44 switch OR change the LNBF to a DishPro Twin.

You could also use two DishPro Duals in lieu of a Twin.

You can find this information on page 7 of your Dish 1000 Installation Instructions, if you have one.

BTW, on behalf of the fine folks here at Satellite Guys,

:welcome

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)