Loss of 110/119 signal

bgee

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 19, 2009
Albany NY
With my Dish 500, I've just lost my 110 and 119 signals. 72 and 61.5 are fine. Everything I've tried inside the house hasn't helped. I was wondering if it could simply be a bad cable outside. Do those signals travel down separate cables from the LNB's? Could it simply be a bad cable or connector between the LNB and junction block?

TIA

Assumption seeing you didn't tell us what you have for equipment you are using a DPP44 switch. Each satellite has a separate cable going to the switch. To lose 2 satellites indicates a switch problem.

Sorry, not sure of the hardware. Dish says "Turbo HD" and there are 3 total LNB "bulbs", two of which are closer together. The Check Switch screen says DPP 1K.4. I assume the switch is inside the arm supporting the LNB's? Only two of the cables coming down from the LNB end are connected - to two cables going to a combiner before entering the house as a single cable to the 722K.

Does one of the cables carry the 61.5/72 signal and one cable carry 110/119? If that's true, perhaps the 110/119 cable got damaged by the snow plow guy who wandered on to the lawn.

Last edited:
Sorry, not sure of the hardware. Dish says "Turbo HD" and there are 3 total LNB "bulbs", two of which are closer together. The Check Switch screen says DPP 1K.4. I assume the switch is inside the arm supporting the LNB's? Only two of the cables coming down from the LNB end are connected - to two cables going to a combiner before entering the house as a single cable to the 722K.

Does one of the cables carry the 61.5/72 signal and one cable carry 110/119? If that's true, perhaps the 110/119 cable got damaged by the snow plow guy who wandered on to the lawn.

You have a 1000.4 Eastern Arc dish. You get 61.5/72.7/77. The switch is built into the LNBF. You're not going to get (and don't, need) 110/119 (or 129) with that one.

Sorry, I've obviously been confused and thanks for bearing with me. So I'm missing the 77 signal. What levels should I see in the point dish screen and which transponder can I use on each satellite to check? I seem to be seeing VERY low levels on everything I've looked at but there are a lot of transponders that I haven't cycled through.

Sorry, I've obviously been confused and thanks for bearing with me. So I'm missing the 77 signal. What levels should I see in the point dish screen and which transponder can I use on each satellite to check? I seem to be seeing VERY low levels on everything I've looked at but there are a lot of transponders that I haven't cycled through.
77 has nothing on it except a few local channels that will probably be moved to 61.5. What do you consider low signals even though the meter does go to 125 actual signals are usually 50-75 range.

If you go to your HD network (either ABC, NBC, CBS or Fox), you should be able to check what sat they are on (most models by pulling up the info screen by usually pressing info button twice since the sat does not show on the translucent screen). Not sure if this works if you have H/J. If they are on 61.5, you have no use or need of 77.

Perhaps this will help: I can't get ESPN 9424 but get ESPN2 9425 fine. Maybe the dish needs pointing? Maybe the snow plow guy drove into it.

The HD locals for Albany, NY (if what your loc says is right) are on 61.5
So if you have a EA dish (61.5/72/77) the other dish is not needed (unless you are subbed to say the All American Direct distants)

Perhaps this will help: I can't get ESPN 9424 but get ESPN2 9425 fine. Maybe the dish needs pointing? Maybe the snow plow guy drove into it.

Both channels are on 72.7. ESPN is on Transponder 13 and ESPN2 is on Transponder 6..... Have you tried a checkswitch?

Yes, I did a check switch and results were green OK for 72 and 61.5.

What satellite/TP should I use to peak while pointing antenna?

Have you checked your guide to see if you are on subscribed channels, HD channels or on a favorite list? Also, what was signal strength on Tp 6 and Tp 13 on 72? There may be something else involved, have you checked the channel locations at 140 and 144?

Thanks for all the help. The signal strength on TP13 went from 10 to 45 when I tweaked the dish. Not sure what caused it to move, but glad to have reception again. Sometimes the simplest possibility is the right one.

Thanks for all the help. The signal strength on TP13 went from 10 to 45 when I tweaked the dish. Not sure what caused it to move, but glad to have reception again. Sometimes the simplest possibility is the right one.

Your dish may or may not have moved.It could be due to the new sat at 61.5 being fine tuned.

The HD locals for Albany, NY (if what your loc says is right) are on 61.5
So if you have a EA dish (61.5/72/77) the other dish is not needed (unless you are subbed to say the All American Direct distants)

I don't know about Albany, but my old 110/119 dish is really handy when snow gets on my 61.5 and 72.7 dishes (odd configuration due to LOS). I can watch most of my local and cable channels in SD during the snow event. EA dishes point higher and are a bit more vulnerable to snow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)