Loss of even transponders

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kbounds

Original poster
Mar 18, 2006
I have a Phase III ,18x20 dish pointed at 101/110/119 sats. Signal is >75 on all sats and transponders.

When I run each of the 4 lnb outputs directly to a receiver I receive all sats and all transponders except 2 (18 and 28) on the 101 bird.

I have a 6x8 multi switch with flex port (SAM-6802) because I need to also use the 72.5 bird for local channels. When I connect the 4 leads from the Phase III dish above to the multi swich (SAM-6802), I loose the even numbered transponders on 101 and 119 and all on 110. Pretty much, my installation is stuck at this point.

I have connected 2 (various combinations) of the 4 leads to a 2x4 switch and see all transponders but this will not work since I need a flexport for the 72.5 bird.

I also had a 5x8 multi switch and it gave same results as the 6x8, no even numbered transponders.

Additionally, I used a dual lnb to connect to the 72.5 bird. I have a strong signal. Which of the two leads from that dish do I connect to flexport 1 and/or 2?

What is going on with the loss of even transponders?

Thx.

Multiswitch Problem

It could be an issue with the center conductor on your coax cables.
One could try redoing the coax connectors with a longer center conductor exposed. Lets us know what helps.

Doctor j

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)