Loss of Picture Quality

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

trugel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 25, 2004
I've noticed on two specific occassions that the picture quality on HD channels (premium and off-air) is reduced where the colors are not as bright as they normally are. I noticed it last night as well as last Thursday evening. It was raining on each of these days and I'm wondering if this had anything to do with this.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks. I guess it must be the set-top box or a problem with the voom service itself.

trugel said:
I've noticed on two specific occassions that the picture quality on HD channels (premium and off-air) is reduced where the colors are not as bright as they normally are. I noticed it last night as well as last Thursday evening. It was raining on each of these days and I'm wondering if this had anything to do with this.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Rain=Bye Bye Voom signal over here in the deserts of cali(where we don't see much rain by the way)
Pq has gone down in quality, with or without rain, over the past 2 weeks or so-losing faith in Voom's ability to "maintain" its service at levels which justify its rising programming costs-Va Va Voom going up to 89.99/month in 01/05.

eschu97611 said:
Rain=Bye Bye Voom signal over here in the deserts of cali(where we don't see much rain by the way)
Pq has gone down in quality, with or without rain, over the past 2 weeks or so-losing faith in Voom's ability to "maintain" its service at levels which justify its rising programming costs-Va Va Voom going up to 89.99/month in 01/05.

I wouldn't mind paying the higher price if they guarantee the picture quality. I've had voom for 3 weeks and got used to the great clarity of the images and vibrant colors. Over the last couple of days, the picture quality has decreased substantially and it has lost the wow effect that I got used to. I just want the wow factor back. Right now, I don't care about the content as much as I do about the quality of the images shown. Content will come with time.

It seems to me that this forum can be influential in getting our message back to voom executives. Have the picture quality issues been formally communicated to voom executives already? If not, i would propose that we organize our thoughts and suggestions and send a formal letter to the appropriate individual(s) with our concerns. Voom may already be working on these issues and if they are I would like to know when I can expect to be blown away by the HD images I got used to.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks,

trugel said:
I wouldn't mind paying the higher price if they guarantee the picture quality. I've had voom for 3 weeks and got used to the great clarity of the images and vibrant colors. Over the last couple of days, the picture quality has decreased substantially and it has lost the wow effect that I got used to. I just want the wow factor back. Right now, I don't care about the content as much as I do about the quality of the images shown. Content will come with time.

It seems to me that this forum can be influential in getting our message back to voom executives. Have the picture quality issues been formally communicated to voom executives already? If not, i would propose that we organize our thoughts and suggestions and send a formal letter to the appropriate individual(s) with our concerns. Voom may already be working on these issues and if they are I would like to know when I can expect to be blown away by the HD images I got used to.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks,

VOOM is already looking at these issues: Look here:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=11681

I got VOOM to have true HDTV, period.
Personally, I don't need SD programming from VOOM and can go without it to maximize HDTV programming and quality of signal received.
Basic digital cable for a few bucks a month will provide those who have to have commercial TV in SD what they need.
I expect perfect High Def from VOOM.
Anyone else agree?

HD Junkie said:
I got VOOM to have true HDTV, period.
Personally, I don't need SD programming from VOOM and can go without it to maximize HDTV programming and quality of signal received.
Basic digital cable for a few bucks a month will provide those who have to have commercial TV in SD what they need.
I expect perfect High Def from VOOM.
Anyone else agree?
I 2nd that!

Sean Mota said:
VOOM is already looking at these issues: Look here:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=11681

Sean,

Thanks for your reply. I looked at above posting and it only stated that someone at Voom stated in another forum that they are aware of our picture quality issues. Is there anyone you can contact at voom to better understand what specific steps they are taking to fix this problem as soon as possible? Other than the latest software update, what other recent changes have they made?

I am an avid "voomer" and I'm trying to convince all of my friends to sign up with this service. I was planning on inviting several of my friends over to show them the beauty of HD but with the colors not being as bright I think this would convince them NOT to sign up. Any additional information you can provide would be helpful.

Thanks,

The PQ in Virginia is consistently good. :). Far superior to my D* quality. But rain and upper atmospheric conditions can and often do affect all satellite signals and OTA signals. At least it ends when the storms are over. IF cable gets "Affected" it could be out for hours and hours. Cable was out for a week here after Isabel, while sat customers watched Tv during and after the hurricane.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts