Loss of picture

shodobe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NorCal
Strange thing happened tonight. Suddenly my plasma lost the picture after it said that "due to inactivity the reciever would shutdown"! I am not at home right now but tried to talk my wife through a few possible fixes. She is unable to get a picture even though there is a great picture on the kitchen TV that is fed by this same reciever as the 2nd reciever. What gives with this? I tried to get her to switch channels on the tv but all the channels said the station was unavailable. Any thoughts? I will play with it tomorrow when I get home but thought I would ask you guys about any fixes. The plasma is a Philips 50" that is about 3 months old and I have had no problems with it, nice tv. Thanks

What type of connection do you have on TV1, HDMI/DVI or component? I presume you have a ViP622. There have been reports of the failure of the HDMI/DVI port on the ViP622.

Call Dish Tech support you may get a replacement.

Actually I do have it on the HDMI port. What I will try when home is to disconnect the HDMI and reconnect the TV to a coax connection and see if that takes care of it. I have had this 622 since March so I am not sure if that is the problem. Are the newer 622 without this problem or is it a problem with all of them? Thanks

bill93civic said:
from what i understand, the HDMI issue is an ongoing problem with the receivers. there have been plenty of complaints about it.
Doesnt sound like HDMI issue. He says the message was seen for the inactivity timer. That is normal if the time limit has been reached, otherwise its a bug.

It sounds like the TV was then accidently switched from its Dish connection to its OTA setting. Needs to be switched back to its HDMI connection.

If it is just that, the Dish logo should be dancing across the screen and pressing select should wake it up. Did I read somewhere that on HDMI you don't get the Dish Logo... Oh well.

The first thing I did was unplug my HDMI cord and let it set for a minute and re-inserted it and the TV works fine now. I read somewhere, maybe here, that sometimes some TVs lose the "handshake" with the HDMI cord and all you have to do is do as I did. I am not saying that it isn't the HDMI on the reciever but I went and bought a component set at Wal-Mart and will wait and see if this fixes the problem. I do get the Logo with the HDMI. Thanks for the help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)