Loss of RF Output when TV on DVI Turned Off

gws

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2004
CA
When I turn off the TV that I have connected to the DVI output of the Voom receiver, the RF output from the receiver disappears, if I am tuned to a high definition channel. If I am tuned to a standard definition channel, then the RF output does not disappear when the TV is turned off.

The Voom receiver is set to provide a native resolution output, as this gives a better standard definition picture with my setup. A Sony KF50WE610 is connected to the Voom receiver via DVI (all the component inputs are in use). I have the RF output of the Voom box connected to a seldom used standard definition TV. The picture and sound on this set disappears when the Voom receiver is tuned to a high definition channel and the Sony is switched off. The composite output from the Voom receiver, which is connected to a VCR, remains active.

I was not able to find a reference to this problem, but if it has been reported before, then I am sorry for mentioning it again, but would like a link to the discussion. If it is new, then does anyone have any suggestions? I have tried a soft reset, which had no effect. It is a bit difficult to get behind everything to do a hard reset, so I have not tried that yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)