Loss of Signal and DPP44?

lawman1627

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 25, 2004
Rochester, NY
Well yesterday I came home and found that I had no sat signal, so I thought maybe the EA dish was having issues so I checked 110 and that had no signal either, unplugged my equipment and then powered back up and the signal came back. Is this something that is going to happen often or is this more of a glitch thats not going to happen alot? I should have checked another receiver to see if it had signal but I didn't, the one I looked at had was powering the DPP44.

the one I looked at had was powering the DPP44

So you're not using a power inserter? You should have one to power the switch and while the receiver will work to power it, you will run into problems like this.

If you're using a power inserter, check all your connections. Make sure there is no stray wire from the braid in any of the connections, that could short out the connection.

So you're not using a power inserter? You should have one to power the switch and while the receiver will work to power it, you will run into problems like this.

If you're using a power inserter, check all your connections. Make sure there is no stray wire from the braid in any of the connections, that could short out the connection.

I will check my cables, they left them all loose on my DPP44 when they did the install and I had issues with low signal, my 7/16th wrenched cured that. The switched is powered by my 772k, is there a better way to power it?

Yes, the power inserter. The DPP44 switch comes with a power inserter and they should have given you one. Did you buy the switch or E* installed it?

I looked for one in the Dishstore.net site but couldn't find it. Here's one on eBay (for illustration purposes) :):

DPP44 POWER INSERTER Brand New dish network dpp 44 - eBay (item 280477377831 end time Mar-18-10 21:41:11 PDT)

Ahhh, not use the the DPP stuff, but yes I do have one and it was installed by a tech. Thanks for the help. Hopefully it was just a receiver issue powering up the power inserter and not a bad inserter or switch.

the dpp 44 can do strange things. sometimes rebooting the receiver that powers the switch will cure the issue. sometimes, disconnecting all the cables from the switch and reconnecting resets the switch bringing signal back. shouldnt happen very often.
by the way, if you have an ea dish, you shouldnt have any signal on 110 anyway. 110 is not on that dish.
:)

the dpp 44 can do strange things. sometimes rebooting the receiver that powers the switch will cure the issue. sometimes, disconnecting all the cables from the switch and reconnecting resets the switch bringing signal back. shouldnt happen very often.
by the way, if you have an ea dish, you shouldnt have any signal on 110 anyway. 110 is not on that dish.
:)

I have a 500 at 110 so i can get my locals(sd only) info in my guide. Thanks for the heads up on the DPP swith, hopefully it doesn't happen again for a while.

Just a question, but if I read you correctly you have an ea dish (1k4) and a dish500. You have the 110 feed from the dish500 and the three feeds from the ea dish going to the dpp44.

If you only have up to three receivers why don't you run the 110 feed line from the dish500 directly into the lnb on the 1k4 dish and eliminate the dpp switch all together?

Just a question, but if I read you correctly you have an ea dish (1k4) and a dish500. You have the 110 feed from the dish500 and the three feeds from the ea dish going to the dpp44.

If you only have up to three receivers why don't you run the 110 feed line from the dish500 directly into the lnb on the 1k4 dish and eliminate the dpp switch all together?

I have 4 receivers total.

I think "sca" said it better, the DPP44 can do strange things. If you unplug the power from the power inserter for whatever reason, all receivers can act strange.

Every time I unplug the power inserter and plug it back in, I have to run check switch on all receivers or they won't change channels and can't find satellites or transponders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)