Loss of signal to 129 Tree branch

jrheyerly

Original poster
May 10, 2010
oregon
One month ago, I lost the signal to satellite 129. Since then I have added a Dish 1000.2 and peaked the dish on 119 with an accutrac III meter. In scan mode, the accutrac shows all three satellites with 60+ readings.
However my receiver( a VIP 211) will not recognize satellite 129. Satellites 110 and 119 come in easily with 60+ readings in the point dish function.
I have posted here several times with some good ideas from members, but I think that the root of my problem is an oak tree branch. When it leafs out in the spring it kills 129. I had 129 reception all winter. Now, is that possible that the accutrac III can show a good reading for 129, but the tree branch blocks the signal to the dish.
What is the sky orientation for 110, 119, and 129. Is 129 lower in the sky and further west than 110 and 119?

Any info. would helpful. I have tried all other options including software downloads, a 222k receiver, check switch etc.........

Last edited:
This post is clearly not in the correct forum.

If you're interpreting your meter correctly, there must be something wrong with the ViP211.

The secret to success would be to relocate the dish and remove any doubts about blocked LOS.

I had the same problem with satellite 129. When I recently had a 622 replaced with the 922, I asked the Dish technician to see if he could improve my reception. He installed a new dish and pointed it at satellites 61.5, 72 and 77, all of which are more to the south, south-east (a completely unobstructed view at my location) versus the southwest for 129. It solved my reception problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)