lost 95 sat. Help?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

satcat66

Original poster
Dec 30, 2005
Hello, here's the R-15 + 95 sat problem again :-( Badly need an advice....

(My initial story was "new customer with R15 wants 95W only" back in early January)

Since 2 days ago I completely lost any reception from the international 95-sat. 101 is fine.

Actually, it was the second time I lost it, but the first time I had an explanation and a quick fix - it was after the blizzard, and I only had to remove the snow from the antenna to restore the reception.

Now, there was no snow whatsoever, I even not sure there was any rain or wind. But 95 sat has gone. 0 signal strength. Resetting the receiver did not help. Doing autoconfig again have caused the receiver to forget about 95 sat completely, so I even can not attempt to measure the signal from it anymore.

Questions:
- Is it usual for LNBs to just die?
- Can it be the switch?
- Is it a valid test to connect LNB directly to the receiver ?
- what to do ?

Thanks....

PS. Oh, I recall I connected my R15 to the phone line about that time. To get Caller ID on screen. Seems to be a MISTAKE

Last edited:
satcat66 said:
Hello, here's the R-15 + 95 sat problem again :-( Badly need an advice....

(My initial story was "new customer with R15 wants 95W only" back in early January)

Since 2 days ago I completely lost any reception from the international 95-sat. 101 is fine.

Actually, it was the second time I lost it, but the first time I had an explanation and a quick fix - it was after the blizzard, and I only had to remove the snow from the antenna to restore the reception.

Now, there was no snow whatsoever, I even not sure there was any rain or wind. But 95 sat has gone. 0 signal strength. Resetting the receiver did not help. Doing autoconfig again have caused the receiver to forget about 95 sat completely, so I even can not attempt to measure the signal from it anymore.

Questions:
- Is it usual for LNBs to just die?
- Can it be the switch?
- Is it a valid test to connect LNB directly to the receiver ?
- what to do ?

Thanks....

PS. Oh, I recall I connected my R15 to the phone line about that time. To get Caller ID on screen. Seems to be a MISTAKE

question 1...any piece of electronics can fail at any time.
question 2...see answer to 1
question 3....NO
question 4...schedule a service call??

dragon002 said:
question 1...any piece of electronics can fail at any time.

But there's a question of probability. 1 out of 1 million LNBs that has died "at any time" is quite different than "1 out of each 100" LNBs died.

dragon002 said:
question 2...see answer to 1

question 3....NO

Thanks

dragon002 said:
question 4...schedule a service call??

It means paying money? That sucks. And, oh, how much time I have already spent on all this R15 crap!

Well, I will try to swap equipment with a friend first. Might give me an idea what went wrong. Otherwise, well, wife recently mentioned she did not really like that channel lately. A good excuse to save 15 bucks a month.

you have to autoconfig each rec at a time. ex. if you have 3 rec. disconnect cable jack from 2 of the 3 and let one autoconfig on its own then do the same for each

Service calls are free if you invested in the future and have the protection plan. It is the same as car and/or homeowners insurance.

Don't know what type of dish you has, but if that is metal and made from Aspen, thats very possible the LNB dropped a bit from the supporting arm, once it drop, you loss signal completely. Their design is not reliable.

If only 95 signal loss due to dish problem, nothing will work no matter what you do to the receiver.

Eric Goempel said:
Service calls are free if you invested in the future and have the protection plan. It is the same as car and/or homeowners insurance.

There must be a concept of warranty. The whole installation is just 2 months old.

sksatellite said:
Don't know what type of dish you has, but if that is metal and made from Aspen, thats very possible the LNB dropped a bit from the supporting arm, once it drop, you loss signal completely. Their design is not reliable.

If only 95 signal loss due to dish problem, nothing will work no matter what you do to the receiver.

It happen to be a bad cable. Thanks to all who helped!

My sincere excuses to the R15 receiver, which I groundlessly blamed for this malfunction.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)