Lost all H TP's on Hispasat tonight!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hd fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
Ontario
Can anyone confirm both Horizontal Muxes lost their signal tonight? I have a dual LNB and also bypassed the 3x4 and still nothing. Thanks.

Also good here

I removed all channels from 30W and scanned them back in - - -

Got 50 channels of TV and 52 of radio (some encrpted)

All H mux's working here.

Everything working OK in the Carribean. Watching KTV Ch2 right now on 12172 H 27500 S78% Q36% Using a 4.5 offset dish for both ,NSS806 C band and Hispasat 30 Ku in the same dish:up

Ok guys thanks a lot. As I suspected my Dual LNB died on the H side on both outputs I guess. I will still check voltage for 18V at the LNB just to confirm but the same receiver works fine on the H side on both C and Ku on the Prime 6 footer.

Well there are still 18V and with the birdog before the 3x4 I can lock 12132H (on both outputs) in but with low quality (around 24% on sunny days like today is usually above 45% at the LNB) and despite having 8.2 dB C/N still quality after BER is very low (barely 66% meaning only 66% of the video/audio info was porperly decoded). I looked with the birdog's spectrum analizer and both muxes appear twice like reflected on a mirror with the reflection axis on 12150 and 12190 aproximately. I had never seen that behaviour before. Time to replace it I guess. Weather was very nice these days althought very hot and humid.

Missed my En Clave the Ja on TV Canarias last night!, What to do!, lol. Thanks again.

Well the LNB is acctually ok , the issue is cross-polarisation due to a non optimal skew I guess. It is an 80 cm Ariza dish and this is the first time I loose those H channels and I remember it took me a while to optimize the skew to properly get the narrow vertical signals. On this extremle sunny , hot and humid days at least the Vertical narrow ones eventhough a couple break up today at least they still work ok but you can see the quality going up and down constantly on all of them. I guess the extra signals I saw on the birdog's SA were the Vertical ones. Adjacent birds have nothing there so it is not adjacent interference.

I am not adjusting the skew anymore , those narrow V ones are low power so an 80 cm dish is not the optimal either. It has just happened for these few days so better leave it like it is that it works the rest of the year , unless next sunday if still the issue is there will have to do something about it then. will see.

Well the issue was still persisting today and optimal skew did not solve it. Coincidently it all started to happen when the temp started to go above 30 degrees celsius here , for the last week only, and the bottom of the Dish is located only a few inches away from the ground. Non of the other Hispasat installs I have done for friends are having any problem at all. So I decided to try another Dish but this time on the south facing wall as normally they are installed and it works perfectly after that I even rotated the affected Dish w/ LNB 180 degrees and it started to work also but then rain and snow is going to accumulate later creating another problem. So in other words this summer have been "different" for this particular dish due to the extreme persisting heat this year because last year it worked ok all summer long. Funny thing though , the infamous CW-600 premium , was the only receiver throught the house that was able to work ok , the rest of the other 2 coolsats and 1 viewsat showed No signal for the past week. And the CW-800 even has a diplexer on it sharing an OTA antenna.!!!!

Well now I know better no more dishes so close to the ground then!!!!. You could hardly notice that 80 cm Dish in the patio!!! and that is why it was installed there. It looks so ugly on the wall now!!!!, lol, but what to do.

put as many caterpillars as you can find on the trees next spring,
if you can get them to nest in the tree they will keep eating the leaves till there is nothing left
nature's line of sight helpers;):D

Dude, elaborate on this one, please! I have some trees in my horizon that belong to the neighbor... so I could use a trick like this...

HD > you have not mentioned which LNB you have.
I have had similar problems with the open throat Invacom universal LNBs due to insects building nests in the throat area.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)