Lost an OTA channel on 942; 921 OK

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wtb955

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
Northern, CA
Recently my 942 stopped tuning one of my OTA channels. This first happened several months ago and a Dish Network Advanced Technician suggested I install a DC Block and a RF Attenuator which I did. This corrected the problem until now. My 921 still recognizes this channel and the 942 shows a signal strength of 100, but the channel refuses to tune! Does anyone have any suggestions? :confused: Thanks!

Hey WTB

YOu are referring to KOVR correct? Last year KOVR had a lightning strike. Since then they have continued to have serious problems on a continuous basis. The problem is a circuit board. What is happening is the channel does not map correctly from Freq 25 to 13.1 Unfortunately this problem only affects E* receivers. D* does not have this problem. They received another new circuit board on THursday, and unfortunately it was bad out of the box. They got another one yesterday and the chanel came back up yesterday evening.

I talked to the Technical director and he is going to call E* also about the EPG for this chanel. It was supposed to have been taken care of 2 months ago.

Scott

teachsac said:
Hey WTB

YOu are referring to KOVR correct? Last year KOVR had a lightning strike. Since then they have continued to have serious problems on a continuous basis. The problem is a circuit board. What is happening is the channel does not map correctly from Freq 25 to 13.1 Unfortunately this problem only affects E* receivers. D* does not have this problem. They received another new circuit board on THursday, and unfortunately it was bad out of the box. They got another one yesterday and the chanel came back up yesterday evening.

I talked to the Technical director and he is going to call E* also about the EPG for this chanel. It was supposed to have been taken care of 2 months ago.

Scott

Scott:
Thanks! Yes, KOVR is the channel. It has been a thorn in my side since I got my 942. Not having the EPG information is also frustrating. Hopefully the station and E* can correct this. Any idea as to why my 921 still pulled in the channel? Maybe just a difference in receivers? Anyway, thanks for the information.:up Hey, one more thing. Do you know if E* is working to provide EPG data for KVIE, the local PBS station? That is another channel with no channel information.
Tom

Last edited:
No prob Tom,

I'm not sure why it happens. I know I've had the same problem since they got struck last year with 811, 942, 622, and 411. Could be something in the hardware or software that affects the way the channel maps.

The chief engineer of KOVR said he talked to the VP of Engineering and the EPG was suppposed to be taken care of by now. He put in another call and hopefully they will get it fixed. I have his direct number so I'll keep bugging him until it gets solved.

I'm not sure about KVIE. They might not have PSIP info. But, knowing E* it's probably their software programming. I don't know. The programming is radically different than 6.0 and 6.2. I'll put in a call and see. It would be nice to know what's showing. The PBS broadcast quality IMO is the best in the area.

Scott

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts