Lost and confused

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jibaro29

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
Lake Worth FL
I'm not sure how to begin. I have two receivers Solomend 800 and Manhattan1923. As of late the lnb signal strength have been coming and going on both receivers. I have changed the cables, lnbs and double checked connections to the receivers. Today I took my receivers to the dish and the same happend no signal strength. I'm guessing that both receivers have the issue but what are the chances. One thing I did I turned off the lnb just to see if it would make any difference and it didn't. Am I missing something here?

Sounds like a misaligned dish to me. If you have tried a new LNBF.

>> "I have changed the cables, lnbs and double checked connections" << The only thing left, that's common to both receivers, is the dish itself. Sounds like it's time for a tune-up.

I checked both dishes when I was outside today. The cband dish is were is suppose to be.I have marked my due south position on the pole and still there. A couples of days ago I scanned Hispansat with my Ku dish and got great signal. I have not moved the dish since so when I connected both receivers I got no signal.

Is there a switch in the connection, or are you connecting DIRECTLY to the lnb of one of the dishes? I would recommend that for test purposes... Certain switches can blow out with just a bad look their way...

Tree in the way of your dishes?

I suppose you could post some pix of your dishes, but it's unlikely that would reveal much. ;)

I checked both dishes when I was outside today. The cband dish is were is suppose to be.I have marked my due south position on the pole and still there. A couples of days ago I scanned Hispansat with my Ku dish and got great signal. I have not moved the dish since so when I connected both receivers I got no signal.

Move the c band dish to a different satellite and try again. May I suggest one higher in the arc?

I tried scanning G 19 Ku and did get a hit. Signal still sporatic. This could be a bad connection some where. Is getting a little stormy now so I will try Cband later.

Check your pole with an level to make sure that it is still level. Is there a possibility that your pole turned?
How big is the dish and how deep is the pole in the ground, is it concrete in?

It still sounds like it is out of alignment.

If your v-box came with an remote you could swing the dish 1 click at a time to either direction of your programmed position to see if the signal getting better.

Grab your dish at the edge/outer rim and pull or push on the dish so the dish will slightly go up or down and see if the signal gets better, if the signal gets better you may have to adjust the elevation.

Remember KU signal on a C dish is harder to receive, so aim has to be more exact.

You have 2 receivers and 2 dishes, 1 Ku dish and 1 c dish.
Do you use 1 receiver for Ku dish and 1 receiver for c dish since you stated that you have no switch?
You also stated that if you use both receivers that you have a problem with the signal.

Can you tell us more about the setup you have?
What kind of LNB/LNBF on ku and c- dish?

Check 1 dish at a time with 1 receiver and 1 coax cable.
Check your setup in the receiver, make sure it is right.

Last edited:
Well, wouldn't know it bad connection. I had to unburried the cable to find it. Maybe 11 inches of rain was to much for it. Ku is working now. I did have to make some adjustments. Cband still a mistery. I'm going to try my third lnb today and see what happens. Johann12, I'm using one receiver with my setup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts