Lost Eastern Arc and 110 Signals

chg

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 9, 2006
I currently have the Eastern Arc with the 110 wing input for the distant HD networks. I am using a 922 and a 722. I have had this set up only a couple months. I was using 61.5 and 110/119.

I recently lost all channels on both receivers and all the satellites. When I do a check switch, I get a message that the switch is not installed properly, and none of the satellites show up. (will have to double check exact wording)

Does this sound like the internal switch on the Eastern Arc has gone bad? I thought I had read that inputting the 110 or a western arc feed, can cause problems. It does not seem like an alignment issue, as it would be strange to lose both dishes.

Dish is on roof, which makes it hard to get to.

Anybody have any ideas, or suggestions? Can't really call dish, as my service address is not my billing address.

You could try the power button reset. Push and hold the power button for about 20 secs until the receiver begins to reboot. If that doesn't work, try a check switch without any sats hooked up. Once it reports no sats, hook the cables back up and do another check switch. Before you do any of this, I would check the outside wiring to make sure everything is OK.

They don't cross check . I have distant networks on 110 from AAD plugged into my eastern arc setup. I also "moved" with DISH to get Houston locals out of area.

sounds like it may be a switch issue :)
do you have a switch or just the integrated 1k4?
there should be no issues inputing 110 into 1k4 ive done it. otherwise try to visually trace the cables back to the dish looking for damage. i also doubt both dishes went out of align.

Well, everything is now working. Not really sure how.

I did check switches and reboots, yet again on both receivers. Did it on the 722 first, with no results. Then tried the 922 again, and it worked. Went back to try the 722 and it was already working and receiving programming.

Hope this does not mean the switch in 1000.4 is going bad.

thats wierd. did you go to sys info menu 6-1-3 to check for a warning of lo drift?

No. I have not checked that. I think I did have that before I upgraded to the 1000.4.

When I did the check switch today on the 722 with the sat inputs disconnected, it did 50 tests. Started out with only three, I think. When it was done I got some weird message about the weather and to try again. Never had that warning, before.

So I had EA installed yesterday, here in Northeast Mass. Anyone in the area care to let me know what they get for signal strength? 61.5 and 72.7 seem to be good, although lower than what I remember on my 110/119 setup. I checked 77.
Strongest Tp I could find was a 42. Most are in the mid to high 30s.

===========================

Insurance |AccidentInsurance

In SE MA here, tech should be here in about an hour. Can update you when its all done. Have 110/119 now and 61.5. HOPING to have EA + 110 for HD AAD distants. Cross your fingers!!!

something is wrong...1 of 50 is an unusual checkswitch. i am beginning to suspect electrical issues. if you have further problems you should test your outlets, or just try another outlet. just one of the dual tuners plugged into an outlet with reverse polarity cann easily screw them both up or even blow the lnb.

something is wrong...1 of 50 is an unusual checkswitch. i am beginning to suspect electrical issues. if you have further problems you should test your outlets, or just try another outlet. just one of the dual tuners plugged into an outlet with reverse polarity cann easily screw them both up or even blow the lnb.

Yeah, I have never had the 1 of 50 before. It started out as 1 of 3. Both receivers did the 1 of 50 test.

You may be on to something, but, they are both on the same outlets they have always been on. We did have some bad storms come through.

are they in power strips? when a power strip takes a hit it can protect the components plugged into it, but often its ruined after that. a reverse polarity power strip will also make the circuit its plugged into reverse (sometimes).

No. I have not checked that. I think I did have that before I upgraded to the 1000.4.

When I did the check switch today on the 722 with the sat inputs disconnected, it did 50 tests. Started out with only three, I think. When it was done I got some weird message about the weather and to try again. Never had that warning, before.

That is perfectly normal with no sat inputs connected.
The warning is because the test showed no reception when the previous saved test had shown a signal.

are they in power strips? when a power strip takes a hit it can protect the components plugged into it, but often its ruined after that. a reverse polarity power strip will also make the circuit its plugged into reverse (sometimes).

The 722 is plugged into a power strip. The 922 is not. Still using the same power strip, and everything is working. Did not seem to affect my TiVo, TV or other components.

That is perfectly normal with no sat inputs connected.
The warning is because the test showed no reception when the previous saved test had shown a signal.

no. it is not. a test 1 of 38 is perfectly normal. a test 1 of 50 is very unusual. i have seen it only twice diagnosing thousands of receivers.

If you do not have a DP switch or LNB connected to the receiver it will run the test for legecy equipment which is 1 to 38 or 50 tests depending on what check boxes are checked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)