Lost HDMI

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dogpoobob

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 10, 2005
Brighton, TN (near Memphis)
The signal from my VIP 622 receiver went bonkers today and in checking out, went away completely. I am able to get signal through component cables, so I guess that HDMI output is kaput.

I don't see a DHPP charge on my bill, even though it is over in the "Explanation of Charges" section.

Question #1, if I call them, will they charge me to replace the receiver?

Can I add the DHPP and then call them to report the failure?

I don't have DHPP and they replaced My 622 that's HDMI that went bad. My neighbors HDMI went bad and they replaced his with a 722 at no charge.He does not have DHPP either.

An advance exchange is when they ship a replacement before you ship the old one back. The only way to guarantee a 722 in place of a 622 is to do a DIU. You may get lucky and get a 722 in the exchange. It depends whether they have any 622 refurbs available.

Welcome to the club. I just did a 622 swap-out a couple of weeks ago. Got back a 622 refurb. I do have DHPP, but the HDMI port is a known defect. I expect they will swap it either way (besides, it's absurd to make us pay to insure against the failure of equiptment we do not own). If they refuse I'd tell em to swap the box or close the account (assuming it's a lease). Tell em' Comcast doesn't charge to replace a leased box.

If you get a non-English CSR ask to be Transferred to "Advanced Tech Support" (they answer the phone as such).

I popped the lid on the replaced 622. The HDMI port has not been retrofitted with the newer 722 design. The connector has a big black "x" sharpied onto it. I'd guess that means it's been reworked (probably reflowed the pins). Also, there was an extra piece of metal on the top side of the back-panel screw (on the inside). This would change the angle and help keep the contacts on the motherboard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)