lost local signal

icu1954

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
lower alabama
hi,i have a phillips amplified antenna hooked up to my bedroom set,works fine.But today i was going to move it over a few feet which it is mounted outside so i added some rg6 cable to the rg59 which is standard on this antenna,and i lost two of my local channels but i still have two and they are showing good,all four channels are coming from the same town.Could the rg6 cable may be robbing me of my reception? need your help:confused:

More likely that you broke something inside one of the RG59 connectors or the amplifier circuit for the antenna is failing. There is no way in which RG59 is superior to RG6 except for a tighter bend radius, though RG59 is usually quite adequate for OTA TV reception. Most of the amplifiers in this category also tend to inject more noise than actually amplifying the usable signal from a compact antenna. Can you replace the entire run of cable? Can you replace the power supply for the amplifier?

What's your zip code? Perhaps we could suggest an inexpensive antenna that doesn't require an amplifier at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts