Lost many channels, but got other channels..Why?

TMaud

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2004
The last couple days my 522 receiver has been having a problem aquiring the signal. It eventually comes back though. Last night it was having problems again and I reset the receiver. When it finally came back, I had lost many channels that I had been receiving, and I am now getting local channels that I was not able to receive before because I didn't have the second dish. These channels that I lost are not even showing up in my favorites any longer. Any Idea how this could happen? I like being able to have these local channels, but how do I get all my other channels back?

Thanks,
Tony

Dish is out of tune or there is a blockage of the line of site path, possible failure of the lnbf, failure of the switch, failure of the coax.

second dish

If that's the case why am I receiveing channels that once required the second dish?

A note: It was after I performed a switch test that this channel change up occured. Satellite 119 signal was weak or gone, 110 was strong. Would that cause it? Why would 119 be so weak and 110 be so strong?

Van gave you some reasons but your dish is probably out of allignment. Since 119 is weak, you will probably need to tweak your dish to improve your signal.

If your dish is out of tune then you need to look for the cause such as a poor mount surface, loose hardware, impact from an object. If all is good then you next need to look to see if something has moved and or grown into the line of site path.

I had this same problem with 119. It would happen during the day and get better at night. Turns out it was a heat sensitivity problem in the lnb. I could squirt water from the garden hose at the lnb and it would cool it down and I would get the channels back.
On my second call to Dish the tech stated that it was a known problem with some of the lnb's. Unfortunately I was at work and couldn't get some info they needed to authorize the repair. I called when I got home and spent almost 2 hours on the phone (mostly on hold) to get them to come out and replace the lnb for free. They finally agreed to waive the tech service call fee. It was a long drawn out process but if you hold your ground they will come out and fix their equipment with no charge to you.

Channel master apparently made some lnbfs for dish a few years ago, the ones that were on recall was the dishpro twin wich was very distinctive because it had a beer gut case design underneath the white plastic eye lens. The other lnbf that dish has had issues with was the fss module for 121 and 105 superdish lnbf clusters, I have replaced probably 50 of the twin and close to two dozen of the 121 clusters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)