Lost my C-band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DenDen

Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
Lincolnton, NC
Hello everyone,

Got an old system, Toshiba TRX 1800 receiver, 10' unimesh dish,(C and Ku band). C band went out suddenly about 8 yrs ago. Havent used it since. Would like to get it going again. Got 18.8volts to Ku LNB but nothing to C-band. Ideas anyone? Does anyone know who might repair A Toshiba TRX 1800?

Thanks guys. DenDen

Procrastination's not a crime . ! .

It suddenly went out 8 years ago, and you're just now getting around to fixing it? - :eek:
Okay, you win.!.
I thought I was bad for buying a garage door opener, and storing on a shelf in the ... garage ... for five years before installing it! - :D

Does the receiver have two separate connectors, one for each band?
Have you checked the C-band cable path and connectors?

You might be able to pick up an old receiver for pretty cheap these days.
I've read here, that there are many on eBay going for just a few dollars above the shipping costs.

often the repair of these receivers is to costly , its cost wise easer to replace it with an receiver found on ebay or locally. there's not a whole lot left that one of these analog receivers can get. a few of us have them using them to watch wild feeds and several others have them to get what few VC subscription channels are left (and departing fast)

if your looking to scan the skys a new dvb type receiver is a good way to go . if your wanting to go subscription then a newer 4dtv is the way to go.

ask plenty of questions and read a few of the messages in the forum . and

:welcome to the group :)

if you decide to replace you analog receiver with another one do a search on ebay , some of these receivers and going for $20 plus shipping mainly cause they are heavy to ship

i have a new in the box Nextwave ncc500 i didn't really care for the menu system but several here have them just to watch analog feeds. Just don't pay a lot for one of these receivers.

Thanks for the warm welcome and speedy reply guys. Did some digging and found out my c band coax had a break in it. So i replaced it and solved that problem. Now another problem.(Hehe) I took the cap off the feedhorn and what looks to be the waveguide for the Ku band fell out on the ground,(looks kind of like a carburetor venturi with three vanes on the outside). It has a short piece of insulated wire connected to it on the side and a toothpick sized piece of caramel colored plastic in the middle. I can get some faint video on G5 and happened to find a crystal clear news feed on what used to be T6. Hehe. Think the feedhorn is the problem? Thanks, DenDen

Sounds like the innards of your CoRotor fell out , lol. That;s why I hate those things, they never lasted more than a few months for me. Cheap plastic for critical moving parts....the c-band probe inside the feedhorn was prob ok that's why you got some feeds. In fact I'm still using one that works perfectly on c-band, the ku parts of the feedhorn broke like yours and I took them out. Just put a piece of tape over the hole where the ku lnb went, haha.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts