Lost of D* signal on second receiver (TIVO) with 5-LNB dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rubinl

Original poster
Oct 25, 2005
Lathrup Vilg, MI
For the past month and a half, I have been losing my sat signal on my 2nd receiver (TIVO - Hughes) in my bedroom only! The problem is the signal will just go to zero for no reason (searching for satellite signal) and if I wait for a day or two, the signal magically appears (and the receiver works fine). This situation has happend on 3 seperate occasions within the past 45 days. At first, I thought it was the receiver so I hooked up one of my older receivers (which I know works) but I still get no signal for satellite 101. If I go downstairs to my main receiver (H-20), I get a signal and can watch the channels with no problem. :confused:

I have the 5-LNB dish with the H-20 receiver in my family room (this is my main receiver). I have not had a problem with getting a signal on this receiver (except for the HD locals, but that is another story for another time).

I got the 5-LNB dish and H-20 receiver installed in late October. I originally had the single LNB dish installed on my roof and I had 2 receivers (1-Family Room and 1-Bedroom). I never had a problem with losing a signal before until this swap out. During the install, the tech routed "new" coax's to the H-20 (I move my new TV and receiver to another side of the room) from the dish. Since I all ready had a coax routed to my bedroom with my previous dish, the tech just hooked up the 5-LNB satellite to the "old" coax. Could this be the problem? Since I am only using 2 receivers, I do not have a mutiswitch. I'm just confused why I would only lose signal on my 2nd (upstairs) receiver. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Check the connectors. Now that the temp is droping sometimes the ends will pull back into the connection thus makeing you lose the voltage coming from the reciever.
Did the tech change the ends?

Could be the lnb. But I would bet it was a connector problem like Tate Satellites said. I could be also that part of the coax braid is touching the center conductor. I have seen this countless times.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)