Lost OTA channels on H3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

odbrv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 21, 2004
Lubbock, Tx
I have had an outside OTA Antenna for years. It has a splitter that sends signals to a Smart TV and to the Dish single OTA tuner. It has worked great until a few days ago. Now I get great reception at the TV but no signal at the H3. The H3 sees the OTA tuner but rescans get no channels . Any ideas and does the protection plan handle this type problem?

I have had an outside OTA Antenna for years. It has a splitter that sends signals to a Smart TV and to the Dish single OTA tuner. It has worked great until a few days ago. Now I get great reception at the TV but no signal at the H3. The H3 sees the OTA tuner but rescans get no channels . Any ideas and does the protection plan handle this type problem?

My first thought is something in your TV system, some connection perhaps at the splitter is not good and the signal has dropped so I would start where it goes only to the H3. Perhaps change connections from the TV to the H3 and see what happens.

Second thought the OTA tuner is donesky. Caput. Dead.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Something to try: I’m sure you have a splitter that comes from the antenna and then splits between the TV and your H3. Take the antenna coax off of the splitter input and put it directly on the H3 OTA adaptor. Can you scan and get channels now? If you can it means that either the splitter or the coax from the splitter to the OTA adaptor has an issue.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Something to try: I’m sure you have a splitter that comes from the antenna and then splits between the TV and your H3. Take the antenna coax off of the splitter input and put it directly on the H3 OTA adaptor. Can you scan and get channels now? If you can it means that either the splitter or the coax from the splitter to the OTA adaptor has an issue.
I would swap outputs of the splitter first (if A output is TV and B output is H3, make A go to the H3 and B go to the TV).
If the TV still works and the H3 doesn't, then it's either the cable going to the H3 or the H3 itself.
If the H3 works and the TV doesn't, then it's a bad splitter.

I found a 2nd OTA single tuner and it didn't get signals either. The antenna is on the roof and I don't have the agility to get to it. I called Dish and they are sending out a Tech under my protection plan. I will ask him to switch the splitter feeds 1st. It would be the simplest fix. If the cable has gone bad I hope he has some.

The scheduled Dish appointment never happened. They were to come Saturday between 4-6PM. It got rescheduled 3 times with different Techs. Then It got rescheduled for next Sunday 7/7. I called and asked why I was missed and scheduled so far out. The CSR had no idea and could not do anything as the outfit who were suppose to come were closed and not open today. I then got out an old bow tie indoor antenna and rescanned the OTA channels. It worked . So Bobby is right that either the splitter or cable from splitter to OTA module has failed.

Reactions: harshness

It may work now, but later? Been having the same issues. Worked fine for years on an old 722, almost a year on a Hopper 3 system and now intermittent crap ranging from 100% to no signal. I'm thinking it's an unfriendly OTA issue regarding DISH software.

FWIW, my rig is a roof mounted 8 bowtie Channel Master 4228 aimed at a OTA transmission farm 56 miles east. Titan pre-amp mounted on the mast. DISH dual tuner adapter which isn't as sensitive as the tuner in your typical late model TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)