Lost Sat 119 on ONE receiver

creativepart

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
I have 5 receivers on a Dish 500 system. Two of the receivers each have a single coax coming from the LNB and the other three receivers get their signal from a DP34 switch. The switch has two coax's coming in from the LNB (it's a 4 connection Dual LNB).

About 3 weeks ago the 3 receivers on the DP34 switch lost Sat 119. Dish sent someone out and the guy found a bad connection on the #2 coax going into the DP34.

That fixed everything BUT one of the receivers (a Dish 301 that was not a DVR model) that was effected by this problem has lost SAT 119 and it cannot find it no matter what.

All of the other 4 receivers have SAT 119 (and SAT 110) no problem. And, it doesn't matter where I put this one 301 receiver it only can get 110. This receiver worked fine before and it's only since this problem that this happened to this receiver.

Is it just time to replace this old 301 Receiver?? Or is there some trick to get it to find SAT 119 during a check switch routine? I've tried it in 3 separate locations where another receiver gets 110 &119 and it can only find 110 during a check switch.

Funny... as soon as I saw the title of your post on the Forum page, I thought in my head "bet he has a 301".... I am seeing this problem more and more lately as 301s have been in operation so long.... I'm thinking it is some manufacturing defect built into 301s that makes this eventually happen.

You've done everything I would have done (well, if I didn't have a Super Buddy meter).... you've moved the receiver to different locations, effectively testing both multiple cable lines as well as ports on the 34 Switch and LNB, and only this one receiver still has the same problem... pretty obvious your receiver is done for....

Good news is we still install 301s (although they say 311 on them, they're just remanufactured 301s)..... hopefully though you won't get a 381 (supposedly the same but from my experience a buggy piece of garbage)

Thanks for the response. I was afraid that was it. It was a cheap $99 receiver and we did get it something like 8 years ago.

Thanks again.

I have an extra 4000, but since this is used on a TV with TIVO I need the IR receiver like a 301 so the TIVO can change the chanels. The 4000 is UHF and the TIVO doesn't talk radio waves.

Ever since Echostar and TIVO started fighting it's been tough to stick with DISH, we love our TIVOs too much to ever give 'em up.

Oh one more thing, is there a better receiver -- that uses IR to change channels that I should try to find? Or is the 311 the way to go?

Thanks for the response. I was afraid that was it. It was a cheap $99 receiver and we did get it something like 8 years ago.

Thanks again.

I have an extra 4000, but since this is used on a TV with TIVO I need the IR receiver like a 301 so the TIVO can change the chanels. The 4000 is UHF and the TIVO doesn't talk radio waves.

Ever since Echostar and TIVO started fighting it's been tough to stick with DISH, we love our TIVOs too much to ever give 'em up.

Ahhhh... you sound like someone that has never used a 722 or a 625 :)

Ahhhh... you sound like someone that has never used a 722 or a 625 :)

No, I haven't. We have two 501 DVRs but we hate 'em compared to the TIVO they're lousy.

Is the 722 or 625 much different?

Also, is there any way to get a 4000 receiver to recognize channels below 100? I'm using this extra 4000 until we replace the 301 and we have to get our locals at 8470 and such because the 4000 doesn't show any channels lower than 100.

No, I haven't. We have two 501 DVRs but we hate 'em compared to the TIVO they're lousy.

Is the 722 or 625 much different?

Also, is there any way to get a 4000 receiver to recognize channels below 100? I'm using this extra 4000 until we replace the 301 and we have to get our locals at 8470 and such because the 4000 doesn't show any channels lower than 100.

You can't compare a 501 to either the 625 or 622/722... The 622/722 software is based off the 625 software (previously the 522), which is much more user friendly than the old single tuner DVRs (such as your 501)... a 501 is nice for sticking in the kids room so they can always have some cartoons they can watch... but any of Dishes dual tuner DVRs are WAY better than your 501s.... and can record two shows at once or allow you to change the channel while recording something.... people at first are stubborn and refuse to believe our dual tuner DVRs are just as good, if not better than Tivo, but when they eventually get over the fact that our remote looks different and our DVR doesn't make that weird "BUBLOOP" sound whenever you press a button, most fall in love with it.

You might have a Radio Shack in your area that has a 722 set up on display that you could play with before you decided to upgrade....

..........have you ran a Check Switch on the 4000? what does the matrix say when you do?

The 4000 shows 4 boxes, 110 even and 110 odd and 119 even and 119 odd and all of them have X for OK.

The 4000 shows 4 boxes, 110 even and 110 odd and 119 even and 119 odd and all of them have X for OK.

First try Power Cycling your receiver (Press and hold power button for a few seconds until the box reboots).... let it boot all the way back up and the guide should update to show your local channels....

If not, call Dish Network and ask them to send a "Hit".... wait about 20 minutes and your channels should pop up (one more reboot might be neccessary after the 20 minutes with a 4000 receiver)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)