lost satellites on 1 of 2 811's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dscconway

Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
This has been answered before, but i lost the page. One of my rcvrs has lost 119 and 61.5 and is constantly looking. i have tried check switch and it only finds 110. i have tried a hard reset, no change, i tried unplugging the rcvr (811) for 30 minutes no change. A member told me about 5 or 6 months ago, about unplugging satellite feed and running check switch, when i do that it shows nothing on 4 feeds (expected). when i shut down and hook back up, it only finds 110 and check switch does not change the symptom. my other 811 is working fine. any suggestions.

Check barrells

Have you checked the line run to the dish or switch? You may have a low frequency barrel in line, a splitter, or a bad ground block. I have been on too many trouble calls and found low frequency barrels in the wall plates, replaced them and it's all fixed, and the signal strength may actually go up a little.

dish installed new cable from switch to rcvr on both rcvrs when they did the install. 1 811 is working normally, the other one only finds 110 but displays no programming.

Maybe the receiver is not working right. Try swapping the receivers in the rooms that they are in now and then do a check switch and see if you see a change. If you see that the receiver your having problems with does the same thing in the other room where the receiver is working just fine then it is in the receiver. It if its not having the issues then there is an issue between the receiver and the dish. What type of switch is connected between the receiver and the dish? Are they both connected to the same switch? You may want to switch the cables going to the receivers to see if that corrects the problem as well. It could be a problem with one of the ports of the switch.

It happen to me

I had the same thing happen to me. Dish had to come out and replace a switch. It took 10 minutes to repair the problem.

Even though "Dish" came out and installed your system and ran new cable, the installer may have overlooked the barrells. Not all installers are directly from Dish Network, some are subs and retailers. The other suggestion about the switch was good, but it won't do any good if the rest of the system is not checked out as well.

Talked to dish again last night after swapping rcvrs and problem apparently moved with rcvr. He said that the 119 lnb has had some problems with the 811. He had me unplug both rcvrs from power, so the the lnb would not have any power - then had me plug in known good rcvr - run check switch - got all satellites - then plug in suspect rcvr - run check switch - this time all 3 satellites picked up and rcvr is now working normally. I guess the moderator can close this topic now. Thanks for the suggestions and trouble shooting from the members.

We run into this alot lately as DNS has posted this as a software problem with the 811. How many other recievers to you have hooked up?
For some reason when we change LNBS it will reset the receiver but there is another way that seems to work. Disconnect all receivers from the switch or LNB. I am talking all feeds to the switch here. Then reset your 811 and do a check switch so all ports come back x x x x. Then reconnect only the bad 811 to the switch and then run check switch again. It should detect correctly now. Once it does you can reconnect your other receivers. Ran into this the other day and this was the solution we are given to correct this. Am told its a software 811 issue. Hope that helps

WiCkeDuDe said:
We run into this alot lately as DNS has posted this as a software problem with the 811. How many other recievers to you have hooked up?
For some reason when we change LNBS it will reset the receiver but there is another way that seems to work. Disconnect all receivers from the switch or LNB. I am talking all feeds to the switch here. Then reset your 811 and do a check switch so all ports come back x x x x. Then reconnect only the bad 811 to the switch and then run check switch again. It should detect correctly now. Once it does you can reconnect your other receivers. Ran into this the other day and this was the solution we are given to correct this. Am told its a software 811 issue. Hope that helps
Thanks for the response WiCkeD, it's my parent's receiver (looks like I'm spending the weekend troublshooting it for them :D). They also have a 942 (primary), which they're watching as I type this, so I'll be working on it tomorrow. When I disconnect the 942 (running in dual mode backfeeding via DPP separator and diplexer), I'm assuming I can just unplug the RF from the wall jack?

Incidentally, I ran through half of the sequence with a Tech. She only had me disconnect the 811 from the LNB's (DPP Twin), though. I'm anxious to give the rest of this a try...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)