Lost signal - need help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

revscoach

Original poster
Apr 22, 2007
I have a DISH 500, Twin LNBF in area code 06249. We had a severe wind/rain storm and I lost my signal. First thought was that the wind blew my dish off target. I've spent hours re-aiming (Az 248, El 25 Sk 127). Getting nowhere.

Tried menu 6-1-1. Got Warning 530. Thought LNBF connection was wet - found one slightly loose so I tightened by hand. No luck.
Pressed power on receiver for 10 sec to reset. Got Error 502.
Disconnected both cables at receiver and ran switch test to clear matrix.
Reconnected both cables, ran switch test again. Got Warning 530 again. Both ports 1 & 2 show same Data for Satellite 1 & 2:
Sat = Conn, Trans = X, Dev = Twin, Status = Reception Error (red), Switch = DP Twin.
That means my hardware is working, right?

6-1-1 says Signal strength for 110 & 119 is zero. Not locked- name not acquired.

The only aiming tool I have is a compass. There are trees that I have barely shot over in the past but I don't think the storm made them grow that night! I'm shooting through a clearing I made. I can take down more trees if necessary but it's a lot of work so I need to pick the right ones. Now I'm questioning my Azimuth aiming. Should I take reading parallel to the elevation bracket or perpendicular to the dish face? It makes a big difference.

I am an amatueur and appreciate any guidance you guys can give! Thanks

Basically all that gobbledy gook is telling you that your dish is out of alignment. This shows up as a switch error cause it just doesn't find anything it recognizes.

Make sure mask or pole hasn't lost it's plumb. That is the most common problem after wind strorms.. But since you have now moved your dish you are going to have to work hard to get the signal back again. Make small movements and check your signal strength. quick swings will jump over the signal.. Be patient and slow and make sure all your settings are as they should be.

I have a DISH 500, Twin LNBF in area code 06249. We had a severe wind/rain storm and I lost my signal. First thought was that the wind blew my dish off target. I've spent hours re-aiming (Az 248, El 25 Sk 127). Getting nowhere.

Tried menu 6-1-1. Got Warning 530. Thought LNBF connection was wet - found one slightly loose so I tightened by hand. No luck.
Pressed power on receiver for 10 sec to reset. Got Error 502.
Disconnected both cables at receiver and ran switch test to clear matrix.
Reconnected both cables, ran switch test again. Got Warning 530 again. Both ports 1 & 2 show same Data for Satellite 1 & 2:
Sat = Conn, Trans = X, Dev = Twin, Status = Reception Error (red), Switch = DP Twin.
That means my hardware is working, right?

6-1-1 says Signal strength for 110 & 119 is zero. Not locked- name not acquired.

The only aiming tool I have is a compass. There are trees that I have barely shot over in the past but I don't think the storm made them grow that night! I'm shooting through a clearing I made. I can take down more trees if necessary but it's a lot of work so I need to pick the right ones. Now I'm questioning my Azimuth aiming. Should I take reading parallel to the elevation bracket or perpendicular to the dish face? It makes a big difference.

I am an amatueur and appreciate any guidance you guys can give! Thanks

This is the most sound advice I can give you..When in doubt, let the pros hadle it..That's what we get paid for...
Now, as a tech, I would if I think you may lose signal in the next couple of years due to tree growth, I would recommend relocating the dish.. I would hesistate to simply realign the dish only to have the trees grow into the LOS ...I would simply eliminate the problem by relocating(if a suitable place can be found)the dish.
Any good tech worth their diagonal cutting pliers would do the same as I...This info is for your benefit..Use it..Good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts