Lost Signal on 129 and 119

Been having problems with my HD channels on 129 in Western Colorado. We do not have clear weather -- very hazy, lots of smoke in the air, but this thread makes me feel better - not my box.

Need to reboot when my kid stops watching the DVR; but when I checked I had audio but no picture on Starz, UHD, and Cinemax. Hopefully reboot will help.

-i was reading about the interference by the sun, but that occurs between february to april & august to october- so, there is no solar interference these days- you can read about it here-
We will normally lose reception during solar flares. Dish and DirecTV will actually run notices letting people know to expect it before it happens.

-solar flares, other problem with satellite reception- but the solar interference is when the sun is positioned exactly between the satellite and the earth- this is more predictable- in the link provided is a calculator to know exactly when will be ocurring- i think that solar flares aren't predictable as solar interference- maybe i'm wrong-

die hard

Events like this make me think of the movie die hard I just saw on Saturday. Either that or the uplink lost power due to forest fires and the back up generators need more fuel.

-solar flares, other problem with satellite reception- but the solar interference is when the sun is positioned exactly between the satellite and the earth- this is more predictable- in the link provided is a calculator to know exactly when will be ocurring- i think that solar flares aren't predictable as solar interference- maybe i'm wrong-

More like the Sun is directly behind the satellite rather than being between the satellite and you.

I lost 119 & 129 about 4:00pm. 110 was coming in at about 87%. I also lost one of my FTA dishes pointed at 123W, signal on it went from 97% to 7%!! Its been 94 here with the heat index in the 100's. Had to be something with the sun. Everything works fine now.

If the satellite is that far out there, then it left the Clark belt and is outside our little dish's ability to pick up the signal. :D

Sun outages are not to blame here, which occur around the equinoxes. Different times/dates for each satellite depending on location. 61.5, 110 and 119 cannot be affected simultaneously.

Must have been a problem in Cheyenne.

I had the same problem this afternoon. Some transponders had very low signal while others had no signal at all. It lasted for about 20 minutes, after which time I reset the receiver and everything came back ok. I thought it was just my 622 acting stupid, but after reading this thread, the problem appears to be more widespread. Anyone know anything? Scott...you got any info for us???

i live in the NW, lost both 119 and 129 this afternoon for a few minutes.The same thing occured about 3 days ago, lost both sats for about 10 minutes. This must have occured at the uplink center for both to go down at the same time.

I had problems with my WB around the same time frame oddly enough but no problems with DishNet.

Around 4:30 yesterday I had same type of problems. It said TP 4 was not responding or something like that. I live in Sterling,Va, a suburb of DC. I rebooted and everything seemed fine after that. My wife said the same thing happened to her late saturday night also.

Same issue in Maryland yesterday afternoon. 622 lost signal. I checked outside and saw only a few puffy white clouds in the sky. Weather radar on the computer showed nothing in the area. Performed a check switch and all three satellites (119, 110 & 61.5) had red "X" marks. The check indicated that there was a good connection to the switch though.

I went downstairs to our 211 to check reception and everything was working fine. I then cold booted the 622 (shut off and unplugged the IRD for 30 seconds). After the cold boot, everything was fine. A check switch showed all green and good.

I'm glad this is a shared problem. I was worried that our 622 (which has been problem free since we dish'ed up to it last March) was beginning to become flaky. I'm guessing now that the reason our 211 was working when I checked was just dumb luck with timing in that the time it took for me to try the 211, the signal resumed on the satellites.

-Paul

Heh, to be honest, when I said "weather related", I was only thinking of each customer's "local weather". :D

Then again, it would take some really severe weather to disrupt the uplinking facility. By that, I'm pretty sure no amount of cloud cover could do it. A tornado ?? Yeah, that's different if it rips dishes or related hardware out of the ground !
I knew you meant it wasn't likely everyone in the U.S. had bad weather to affect reception at the same time; but I hadn't had any Sunday afternoon humor since the previous Sunday.

Since they have several uplink facilities..., I suspect a portion of the load is shared with the other uplink facilities, and they each have some sort of backup power (Ever-Ready Batteries) in the event of an electrical outage.

Looking at yesterday's (7/8/7) radar loop across Wyoming...
Intellicast.com - Yesterday's Loop - United States

I suspect Charlie was taking a tour of the uplink facility when he heard a loud thunder and jumped back, accidentially hitting the button labeled "Systematic Emergency Shutdown" which started cycling through the various uplinks to shut them down. Therefore, we were only able to get downlinks from the other uplinks.:eek:

I had problems on 119, 110, 129 & 61.5. They came back up quickly except for 61.5 which seem to only have 1 transponder. Eventually, they were all back up.

NOTE:
For the newbees, particularly with 3 or more sat locations, who ran a check switch while the system was down, you may need to run another check switch after all is up and running.

Same problem here yesterday in the afternoon. I was watching the SF-STL game on FSNMW and screen just froze. This also happened a short while ago too. The satellite was only out for 5 or 10 minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)