Lost Sports Alternate Channels

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
Last Thursday when I got my 211 installed, I upgraded to the Dish Latino HD Gold package. Then on Saturday when I wanted to watch NBA Basketball I noticed that the Sports Alternate channels (445-448) were gone. I checked all of the receivers and they were all missing them. So it must've happened after I upgraded to the new package.

I called Customer Service and spend about 30 minutes with the CSR and we couldn't get them to show (check switch, reset, he sent an authorization hit). Called Tech Support and the same thing so this CSR submitted a "Non-trend report" to Engineering or something to that extent. He said, call back in a couple of days.

Called back last night and the same thing, they can't get those channels to even show in my guide. And yes I'm supossed to get them in the package.

My question is: Anybody else having problems with any channels getting authorized with these new HD packages? I know Tony was having problems with the new Latino Bonus pack being added but how about any of the new HD packages.

I had the same problem here in Tulsa, OK. But my other receiver had them.
They hooked my vip411 which was supposed to be a vip211 on Friday afternoon.
I get home from work and go into the menus and make the proper adjustments.
Then I was working on my favorites list and tried to add FOX Southwest which is channel 416 and it was not there. Channels 416-450 was not there. So I called Dish after an hour with a 2 different CSR’s they told me to wait 24 hours then try it.
So I wait till Saturday evening and called. It took me 45 minutes just to reach someone.
He had me check switch, reset, he sent an authorization hit and it finally worked.

"He had me check switch, reset, he sent an authorization hit and it finally worked."

We've done this at least three times and they don't show but I do have Fox Sports Bay Area 419. I'm just going to wait a few more days and will keep bugging them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)