Status
Please reply by conversation.

VewDew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2004
Northern California
Hello,

I turned on the tv last night and switched to Fox Soccer channel and got a searching for sat message, and after checking into it a bit, I noticed that I have lost quite o few transponders from 101. I think it might be my zinwell 6x8 switch going out but not sure. Is it possible to plug directly into a receiver from the dish with out going through a switch?

Thanks for your help guys.

Hello,

I turned on the tv last night and switched to Fox Soccer channel and got a searching for sat message, and after checking into it a bit, I noticed that I have lost quite o few transponders from 101. I think it might be my zinwell 6x8 switch going out but not sure. Is it possible to plug directly into a receiver from the dish with out going through a switch?

Thanks for your help guys.

That depends upon how many receivers you have in your house, and whether or not you have a wing dish installed.

For testing purposes, yes, you can run the cable directly to your receiver and see if the switch (or more likely a connection at the switch) is bad.

Did you lose all of the odd or even transponders?

That depends upon how many receivers you have in your house, and whether or not you have a wing dish installed.

For testing purposes, yes, you can run the cable directly to your receiver and see if the switch (or more likely a connection at the switch) is bad.

Did you lose all of the odd or even transponders?

Yes it looks like I lost all of the odd transponders, although some of the even ones are out as well? Could it be a bad LNB?

It could be, but it sounds more like a bad connector on the 13VDC inputs to the mulitswitch....provided there isn't a splitter anywhere in the line.

I would check the connectors on the multiswitch for corrosion and such.

It could be, but it sounds more like a bad connector on the 13VDC inputs to the mulitswitch....provided there isn't a splitter anywhere in the line.

I would check the connectors on the multiswitch for corrosion and such.

Thank you for your help. I hard rebooted one of my receivers yesterday and it couldn't get any data from the sats until I removed it from the switch and connected it directly to one of the lines coming from the sat, so I think there is definately an issue with the switch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)