Status
Not open for further replies.

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
3 RCA distribution amps for OTA or FM. 2 of them are model VH 140, the other is a newer VH 240R. They all work, I just purchased too many for projects that ended up not needing them.

Make me an offer. I'd prefer to sell them as a lot. Willing to consider all offers, as long as you're willing to pay shipping, which shouldn’t be much :)

IMG_0171.JPG
IMG_0170.JPG
IMG_0169.JPG

Last edited:
Will any of these work with my OTA digital TV? I've got an antenna on my roof that I put up for digital OTA TV but I've lost about 10 of the 29 stations I was getting recently and I wonder if this might bring them back?

I know I'm not the seller...but your question seems a bit "deeper" than just adding an amplifier. If the signals were just marginal on the original scan, their levels could dip at times below the TV's ability to pick them up. Using your words, meanwhile...you were getting those stations and "lost" them... If the station did not change it's frequency or do anything to cause it, or if it's not a "seasonal" loss of signal associated with the leafing out of trees at a particular time of the year, you probably have an issue to fix first. Perhaps a loose or bad F-connector, a cable with a nick that allowed water intrusion, a bend in the cable that was too tight and turned to an intermittent "break" or similar. If a problem exists, you'll amplify either noise or nothing at all instead of the channels you wish to receive. By the same token, assuming a minimal cost from the seller for these items, if you find a problem AND add one of these for extra long runs of cable or in place of an unpowered splitter, your signal may become more steady with less flashing out during wet, snowy, or stormy weather. Hope you and the seller didn't mind my chiming in here.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I know I'm not the seller...but your question seems a bit "deeper" than just adding an amplifier. If the signals were just marginal on the original scan, their levels could dip at times below the TV's ability to pick them up. Using your words, meanwhile...you were getting those stations and "lost" them... If the station did not change it's frequency or do anything to cause it, or if it's not a "seasonal" loss of signal associated with the leafing out of trees at a particular time of the year, you probably have an issue to fix first. Perhaps a loose or bad F-connector, a cable with a nick that allowed water intrusion, a bend in the cable that was too tight and turned to an intermittent "break" or similar. If a problem exists, you'll amplify either noise or nothing at all instead of the channels you wish to receive. By the same token, assuming a minimal cost from the seller for these items, if you find a problem AND add one of these for extra long runs of cable or in place of an unpowered splitter, your signal may become more steady with less flashing out during wet, snowy, or stormy weather. Hope you and the seller didn't mind my chiming in here.

Couldn’t have said it any better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)