Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here we grow again!

We are proud to announce lots of new features here at SatelliteGuys.US! We take great pride in bringing you new cutting edge features first!

Here are the new features which are now available to you!

Customized Forum Listings
Since SatelliteGuys has started, one of the most common requests from our members is to be able to remove certain forums from the forum listings and search. Now with our Customized Forum Listings feature you decide what you see and what you dont.

To use this feature select Customize Forum Listings from the user control panel. Then put a check box in the categories or forums you do not want to see and click the Save Hidden forum button and you now have your own customized forum list! And also when you search you will not find any messages from the forums you have hidden!

SatelliteGuys Stock Portfolio
Now you can track your stocks here at SatelliteGuys.US with our new SatelliteGuys Stock Portfolio! You can customize your listings to show the stocks you want!

Text Message on PM
Waiting for an important Private Message? Stop sitting in front of the computer waiting for it, instead have SatelliteGuys send your cell phone a text message when you get a new PM!

To use this feature first go to the Change Password & Email area in the User Control Panel. Here is where you put in your cell phone number. Once you have entered your cell phone number select your cellular service and click on save.

Now go to the User Options in the User Control Panel and turn on the option to receive Text messages when you get a PM.

You can turn this off and on at will from this screen!

Private Message Previews
Have a lot of Private messages in your inbox? Have you ever wanted to find a message in your inbox but you had to open a bunch of PM's searching for the one you were looking for?

Well we are happy to announce that those days are over. Now in your inbox when you point to any private message a popup will appear when you hover over any PM showing you the first few lines of your PM!

Advanced Spam Protection
We are happy to announce new Anti Spam measures have been put into place, in the past certain words such as FREE would hide your posts until a staff member could validate them and make them visable to all.

The old way is gone.

99% of our spam comes from people or robots signing up as a new user and flooding the board with "Free Ipod" and other offers. With this new Antispam system new users are not allowed to post or PM any URLs. After they have posted a few times the system will then permit them to post URL's. They system will also alert the staff is someone is trying to post what appears to be spam to the server.

Last 15 Searches Listing
Just a fun one, ever wanted to see what others are searching for here at SatelliteGuys.US? Now you can just click on Search then select advanced search and you can see the last 15 things others searched for here at SatelliteGuys.US!

TimeTrax Bug Tracker
Most SatelliteGuys members will never see this feature, that is unless you are a beta tester for TimeTrax, the Timeshifting solution for XM and Sirius!

This Bug Tracker will allow beta testers to report bugs to TimeTrax staff who can then research and better solve bugs.

SatelliteGuys is proud to be working with TimeTrax on this exciting project. If you are interested in becoming a TimeTrax Beta Tester please CLICK HERE for more details!

Duplicate IP tracker
This is for staff use, it helps them track down and identify people with many accounts using the same IP address. You would be surprised how often we have some wierd users creating threads then logging on under another name having conversations with themselves.

With this new tool we can quickly find these folks and put a stop to it. :)

Database Query Optimizer
I have installed some new tools which helps speed up querys to the database including on searches and other items which help our server rn as fast as possible to serve you better!

We hope you enjoy these features! If you have any ideas for us please let s know, unlike other sites we enjoy constructive criticizm and suggestions. :)

In closing I would like to ask a favor of our members, as you may have noticed we have lost VOOM as a sponsor, to help make up for the loss of this sponsor we would like to ask that you take a few moments to visit our other sponsors on each visit this includes sponsors from Google, the Vibrant Media links and of course our two Gold Sponsors ValueElectronics.COM and DishStore.NET!

Thank you all for making us America's largest and favorite Satellite Information and Discussion forums!

Customized Forum Listings seems to be broken when I go to save my forums I want hidden. I always get the following message after clicking on the button:
There seems to have been a slight problem with the SatelliteGuys.US database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Another new feature which I forgot to mention is improved Private Message notification.

When you get a PM you will see a blinking envelope in the Navigation bar along with the name of the person who PMed you. By clicking on their name you are taken directly to their PM. :D

Enjoy!

damn, these are great features. i love the fact we can now hide the forums we don't look at.

thanks for keeping this site not only the best satellite forum on the net, but also one of the best forums on the net.

keep up the good work all staff members.

I will try adding the link to it again, its gone because of the new system. Which is kind of neat when you get a PM. :D

I've been waiting for custom forums! :clap :love

I might even donate a little more to SGUS now that I don't have to wade through alt.rec.arts.tv and other newsgroups anymore!!!!

Mark_AR said:
I've been waiting for custom forums! :clap :love

We aim to please. :D

This is a modification I have been waiting for a long time and is one of the most widely requested modifications. :D

I am very happy to be able to offer it to our members. :)

"Duplicate IP tracker
This is for staff use, it helps them track down and identify people with many accounts using the same IP address. You would be surprised how often we have some wierd users creating threads then logging on under another name having conversations with themselves."

Wow, that's a new one. There are some weird people out there.

I widely requested the custom forums listing, now I shall widely use it. :D

Regarding the "past 15 searches", I was about to ask (well, a few days ago) what had happened to that feature, because I remember seeing that long, long ago at the top of the advanced search screen and long ago noticed it disappeared. Or was I imagining it in the past? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts