Loving my new 1000.4

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SteveRiz

Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
new york
Just put it on a tripod in the yard. With a $18 app for the Android phone, gave me a location for the tripod.

Along with a $9 meter from ebay, I was able to lock on all three satellites within 7 minutes...By myself and the TV is in the house!

THIS IS MY FIRST EXPERIENCE AIMING A SATELLITE!

Forget those $200 meters..All channels come in better than my local cable!

You should go into business since a lot of so called pros take longer and do a crappy job.

BTW - I was looking at my 1000.4 last weekend... I can see the elevation vernier rod; that's obvious. But for the life of me, I see no azimuth vernier. Did my installer leave it off?

You should go into business since a lot of so called pros take longer and do a crappy job.

BTW - I was looking at my 1000.4 last weekend... I can see the elevation vernier rod; that's obvious. But for the life of me, I see no azimuth vernier. Did my installer leave it off?

It doesn't have one.

It doesn't have one.
Well that explains it then!

Except there is supposedly an
Azimuth plate and cam [which] provides for fine-tuning of the azimuth angle.
I saw nothing like that either. Perhaps I don't now what I'm looking at. Aha... Here we go:

Attachments

• azimuthcamandplate.gif
    azimuthcamandplate.gif
    46.6 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Well that explains it then!

Except there is supposedly an I saw nothing like that either. Perhaps I don't now what I'm looking at. Aha... Here we go:
The "cam" is on the right back side (looking from behind), chances are the cam snapped off when the installer was trying to move it +-3 degrees. If you don't loosen the three bolts on the bottom, that cheap plastic cam nut will snap off and go sailing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)