Low Battery Very Often

dustiny

Original poster
Feb 25, 2007
I am pretty new to all of this so any help would be great, I have a dish 625. Last winter I put a den in my basemant and I split the tv2 line which used to go to my master bedroom, and split it so it goes to the den and bedroom, I bought another remote from dish its a 6.3 the old ir remote is a 6.2, but ever since the remote batterys die in a matter of a month, even if the remotes is not used at all. Both remotes are set to the same address and have the blue uhf pro key in them. Both remotes die in a matter of a day or two from each other. Please help.

I have tried multiple brands of batteries, the buttons are not stuck, keep in mind i'm changing batteries on average twice a month! One of the remotes is brand new, the other is only about a 18mo. old.

I suspect that Dish won't replace the remote as defective but it doesn't hurt to ask. Otherwise, I suggest rechargeable batteries also. They always last much longer for me *between* charges. On my digital camera, for example, I might get 50-75 pictures out of two brand-new batteries whereas I lose track of how many I get when I've got rechargeable ones in it.

Any batteries should last for a long time even with use. There is something wrong. I would think if a button was stuck it would show when you turned on your box and tv as something would occur without you pushing a button, but there are some buttons that might not show a change.

Make sure the remote is set to channel 1. Put the remote next to an AM radio tuned to where there is no real AM signal. If you push a remote button or if there is a stuck button you will hear it on the AM radio. This may work with remote set to another channel but I'm not sure - it works on channel 1 because it also sends an IR signal in that mode.

Also make sure there is nothing touching between the contacts where the batteries go.

I get at least six months out of my Dish remotes. Call Dish up and have them replace them. Or buy a new one off eBay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)