Low cost replacement for VIP722k?

Would you happen know when I can find step-by-step instructions for formatting it once it's installed? Also, even though it old (2011), since it's leased, should I be concerned if I try this and end up still needing to get an upgrade that DN will see I was inside the box? Thanks
The receiver software will prompt you to let it reformat the drive.

With a newer leased receiver, there may be a reason to be concerned. However, these ViP's are so old that Dish does not want them back. They'll let you keep the old one, even if they send you a replacement. (Dish will tell you to take the old one to a recycling center, but you are not obligated to do so.) So, it sounds like you are good to go! :thumbup

The receiver software will prompt you to let it reformat the drive.

With a newer leased receiver, there may be a reason to be concerned. However, these ViP's are so old that Dish does not want them back. They'll let you keep the old one, even if they send you a replacement. (Dish will tell you to take the old one to a recycling center, but you are not obligated to do so.) So, it sounds like you are good to go! :thumbup

I am the original poster. I managed to get the fan working again on the 2nd replacement VIP 722k by blowing compressed air through the air vent. So far it has not been overheating for the past week. I also ripped out a replacement fan from the 1st replacement VIP 722k receiver to use as a backup.

I just cancelled the Dish Protect silver plan which got me a free tech visit and two free replacement DVRs. They dinged me for the $30 early termination fee.

Are you sure Dish does not want the back any of the old VIP 722k receivers? They sent me a return shipping label.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Are you sure Dish does not want the back any of the old VIP 722k receivers? They sent me a return shipping label.
There is usually a list of older model receivers (that they do not want back) included in the instructions that come with the label. If you do not see the ViP722k on that list (or if they did not include those instructions) then you may send the 1st replacement back to them if you wish. They won't care that the fan is missing. One time, I sent a Hopper Duo back to them with the wrong hard drive inside, after I salvaged the 500GB hard drive that came in it. The hard drive I sent back was a non-working 2TB hard drive that I took out of a Hopper 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Latest posts