Low or no signal on G10R

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Things are at near-normal levels as of 6pm here, but 11720 is slightly lower than usual - which sucks since that one is pretty low already.

last night my numbers were still low with the 30"

main TP-45-50
11720-30-32

This is with a Pansat

Disco...what kind of numbers are you pulling?

11720v G-10R

i think the problem with the 11720V on G-10R could be the fact that echostar 9 @121 west (2 degrees east) is using 11724V as their tp #1 frequency. This could inject a lot of noise into the signal from G-10R's 11720V. Since we are talking digital here, this could explain the low quality levels experienced by small dish users. I do not know what the beamwidth is on a 75-90 cm dish, but i bet it's a little more than 2 degrees on KU band-I could be wrong.

on my bud (7.5' sami with c/ku lnbs) i get 80 percent on 11720v from G10R.
Maybe aside from gathering more signal, the beamwidth on KU band is very tight. Trust me, you can use the manual east/west buttons on the remote and just barely nudge the dish and go from a topped out signal quality meter to nothing quickly.
Just a theory- :)

dogstar1313 said:
Tron, how does one do the frequency tweaking you mention? Please forgive me if this is a stupid question.

I've done this. G10R's TP is 11720V, and 121's TP is 11724V. So sometimes by changing your G10R's TP to 11719, 11718 or thereabouts will work better. You're basically staying close enough to the right number to receive G10, but getting further away from 121's TP lowers the interferance.

Hope this helps :)

have to try that...mine is registered as 11719 right now so I'll see what happens if I go down the dial :)

Thanks for the tip CharredPC!
Like Iceberg, mine is at 11719 now, but I'll try going lower when I get home tonight and post my results.

When I'm not so lazy I'll go test what works best for me on my 30" ;)

Pretty sure the furthest I ever went down was 11718. For me, any further down and I started losing the actual signal, so it was counterproductive. To make things even more confusing, it depends on if your LO is exactly on the money as well; often an LNB's actual LO will be 10599 or 10598 instead of 10600 (universal). While it works, your blind scan (if you have one) finds things a digit or two off, or your manually entered TP's are slightly lower quality than they could be :) Fiddling with all these little things is the fun fine tuning that makes FTA an interesting (and never-ending) hobby! Ah, the tweaking... :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Remote Codes

Need help setting up a customer on Galaxy 10R

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)