Low or No Signal on Galaxy 19 11842MHZ And Others

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatScanner

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 11, 2011
East USA
Does anyone know if there are problems with this sat? I noticed tonight that I am getting low or no signal on some transponders. I couldn't get 3ABN or any signal on 11842 earlier, now I'm getting something. I've never had a problem so far with clouds and rain interfering, we had some rain tonight though. I wanted to know if it was just me or did something happen to this satellite recently? I rescanned the sat using ProgDVB and it grouped 3ABN and other under "Other" instead of "Rsat" or whatever it use to be, which made me think something happened to the original transponder. Anyone? Thanks

No problems here, everything normal.

rescanned the sat using ProgDVB and it grouped 3ABN and other under "Other" instead of "Rsat"
Sounds like your signal is low as that's one common symptom.. Because the symptoms occurred after recent rain suggests something got wet. Like a connector. Or if there were associated winds, maybe the dish moved? Time to 'check it over'.

11842 was off air for sometime this evening (showing NO signal) - all is back now.
Bob

Ah - Ha! I missed that.
Did it come cack for you SatScanner?

It had just come back when I posted my original message but a few days ago the L: 76% and the Q: 100% last night the L: 43% and Q:30% to 100% fluctuating up and down. I rescanned several times but a lot of channels stayed grouped under "Other" instead of "RRsat" and other groupings like it was originally. I thought something must have happened since a lot of stuff was missing then when it came back most of the groupings were screwed up. I've never seen that before. Si there someplace on the internet that will tell you the status of the various TV sats? If there are problems or failures and such?

Last edited:
I'm having reception problems too. Here in Vegas, we have a local repeater station for 3ABN, so, in essence, I get to monitor 2 dishes, the one on my roof and the one on Black Mountain, about 15 miles away.

BOTH dishes are experiencing problems and even STRANGER is that 3ABN Proclaim!, which is broadcast from a different transponder, is watchable today, while the others are not.

The best resource for determining uplink related outages is a weather radar site. Typically outages occur during extreme weather.

RRSat location: 41.46434 N 75.13014 W

http://www.rrsat.com/global-network-tab/3/

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/pennsylvania/weather-radar-rs?play=1

Thanks for the links and the info. I was hoping every uplink station had a blog or something to let people know what happened when things like this happen. 3ABN and other channels are still terrible. the signal is breaking up and fluctuating between 30% and 80% Q, even on my 1.2m dish. They must have switched transponders or something for the signal to be this bad.

There has been no transponder change. We confirm threshold or below signal readings on 11842 from downlinks in Northern California, Oregon and Texas. We have contacted the uplinker and are providing feedback on the signal readings.

Will update as soon as we know more information.

Edit: The facility had a severe thunder and wind event during yesterday's storm. Lost some RF gear, but all should have been restored.

Last edited:
April 20, 2013, 5pm EST
Galaxy 19 Channel Outage Advisory

GloryStar has been advised that due to recent storm damage, several channels are temporarily experiencing technical difficulties.

The affected channels are:
3ABN English
3ABN Latino
3ABN Radio
LifeTalk Radio
Radio 74
Hope Channel
Hope Church Channel
Esperanza TV
LLBN English
LLBN Arabic
LLBN Latino
AON
Dare to Dream
Smart Lifestyle
Amazing Discoveries
Amazing Facts

The Glorystar channel update feature and the time setting may also be affected.

There is no need to adjust the dish or change any receiver settings at this time. This is an issue with the satellite signal. We will post a report when the channels and services are fully restored by the satellite company.

Update: Strong storm winds were responsible for the uplink dish misalignment. As the satellite moved to the opposite side of the box, the signal dropped below threshold.

The team made a slight adjustment to the alignment and will optimize the uplink dish on Monday when G19 is in the center of the box.

Update: Strong storm winds were responsible for the uplink dish misalignment. As the satellite moved to the opposite side of the box, the signal dropped below threshold.

The team made a slight adjustment to the alignment and will optimize the uplink dish on Monday when G19 is in the center of the box.

Thanks much for the information! It is very helpful to me to know what happened and when it will be back to normal.

Thanks again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts