Low Power

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

706Tom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
North Georgia
I recently had to move my BUD because of trees. Now it is about 125 feet away from my receiver. I've tried three different receivers and none will receive a signal. If I move about 75 feet closer everything is OK. Is there an amplifier that can be used to boost the signal?

I recently had to move my BUD because of trees. Now it is about 125 feet away from my receiver. I've tried three different receivers and none will receive a signal. If I move about 75 feet closer everything is OK. Is there an amplifier that can be used to boost the signal?
125' should not be a problem for rg6,suspect you have a bad connection or damaged coax.

I agree you have something wrong somewhere. They make such a thing, but they are mostly useless and overload the front-end of the receiver unless you have 300 - 400 foot of coax.

I recently had this problem. My linkbox is on den tv. Recently purchased another linkbox. I wanted to have signal in master bedroom and wanted to only run one vbox to control dish from both rooms. So i ran a coax from from vbox from den to bedroom. I put an a/b switch on it. So i could watch in ethier room. Anyways went to hook coax up i had no signal. I thought it was to long of a run seeing how i was comming from dish to den tv. Then from den to masterbedroom. Come to found out was a kink in coax ran from den to master bedroom.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: KE4EST

I really don't think distance is a problem. I ran cable to a Dish Network system that was over 500 feet from the house, and had no problem. I did installs on BUD's that were over 300 feet and they worked perfectly. I used a lot of RG-6 quad shield cable on long runs, which doesn't hurt even on short runs. You can take a ohm meter and check the cable. On one end, short the center wire to the ground and do a continuity test. If you have nothing, the cable is broken. Sometimes if a cable has a broken conductor, it will open or close with temperature changes.

This is an annoying problem that can be hard to locate. If in doubt, change the cable. Your problem seems like a cable problem rather than a receiver or LNB problem.

IF you simply extended your coax using barrel connectors, it's very possible you either didn't use 3GHz barrel connectors, OR have a bad one, or something related to that as it previously worked before extending.

I highly suggest you replace the entire run with RG-6 solid copper quad shield cable. Also use Thomas & Betts compression connectors for Rg-6 quad shield cable. That cable is slightly larger, so you need the quad shield connectors.

Here's the one I use for everything, and it's a good choice: http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=ulpvrg6scquad

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)