Low signal strength to wireless joey

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dsurette

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
Ooltewah, TN
We have a hopper with three wireless joeys and for several months we have had no problems. But now we are experiencing low signal strength to one of our upstairs joeys. The signal strength varies between about 18 and 30 and stays in the yellow most of the time. It seems to be worse in the mornings when we will occasionally completely lose the picture. Right now it is at 25. The other two are 74 and 100. I have swapped it with another and the problem remains in the same room so I think the problem is the location. I got a 25 ft HDMI cable and tried moving the joey to different locations in the room and I can realize some improvement but not enough to make any permanent changes. The joey is only about 50 feet from the hopper but it is a diagonal shot through a floor and three walls. Is there anything that I can do to improve the signal to that joey. It is in my wife's sewing room so the heat is really on. Thanks for any help you can give.

We have a hopper with three wireless joeys and for several months we have had no problems. But now we are experiencing low signal strength to one of our upstairs joeys. The signal strength varies between about 18 and 30 and stays in the yellow most of the time. It seems to be worse in the mornings when we will occasionally completely lose the picture. Right now it is at 25. The other two are 74 and 100. I have swapped it with another and the problem remains in the same room so I think the problem is the location. I got a 25 ft HDMI cable and tried moving the joey to different locations in the room and I can realize some improvement but not enough to make any permanent changes. The joey is only about 50 feet from the hopper but it is a diagonal shot through a floor and three walls. Is there anything that I can do to improve the signal to that joey. It is in my wife's sewing room so the heat is really on. Thanks for any help you can give.
Try relocating the wireless access point that's connected to the Hopper via ethernet cable. Another thing to try is to simply reorient it so it's internal antenna orientation changes.

Thanks. I hadn't thought of relocating the access point. How long an Ethernet cable could I use before affecting the signal? I would have to run it in a crawl space under the house for at least 50 feet and back up to another room.

Cat 5 is rated at 100 meters. I don't think you have too much to worry about with 50'.

You can also relocate the access point using the Hopper Internet Connector (HIC). May save you some crawling.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)