Low Signal TV1 Only

ronjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2005
I have a DPP44 and a 622. There is one cable that connects to a splitter before the 622. I started having issues with signal level over the weekend and thought it was because of weather. However even after the weather cleared, I still have issues. My locals will not tune at all, I believe they are on 129, Atlanta. Later I watched from TV2 and noticed that the signal level is good, and the locals are working fine. I went back to TV1, and they still are not working.

What could be causing the signal to be much lower on TV1 than TV2?

Also double check all of your connections. If it is truly only happening on one tuner, then you can test this by going into the Pt Dish screen and swapping the tuner. Then see if the problem translates to TV2. If that happens, then it might be a failing separator. [The switch that is coming off the rcvr at the sat in ports].

I tried a soft reset, and it did nothing. I did a hard reset(removing power for 5 minutes) and my locals would work, but the signal level is still very low.

I went to the point dish screen and cycled between tuners. On 119, transponder 2; I am getting 77 for TV2, and cycling between 0 and 45 on TV1. I guess it is time to call Dish.

I called Dish tech support. They had me do a soft reset. I told them I had already done a hard reset, so they didn't make me do that again. They had me do a check switch. After the check switch my signal on TV1 is greater, but still fluctuating and not as high as TV2.(45-63 vs steady 77) I am not getting any cutouts or macroblocking now. I might try to purchase a new separator tomorrow and see if it gets rid of the difference in signal.

You could take the incoming dish line and hook it into the #1 port only on the recvr. Do a checkswitch. This will let you know if it is a separator or bad recvr. port. (New checkswitch should show the highest signal you had before, but on port one (TV #1) only.) If signal shows up on #2, the recvr. is crosswired inside and yes I have seen this happen.

Last edited:
I occasionally have a problem with my DPP44 that causes loss of certain signals.

I have to unplug everything for about 15-20 minutes ( disconnect the dish from the switch, disconnect the switch from all receivers and the power ijnserter) then reconnect and all is well.

Essentially it is a reboot of the DPP44 switch.

Since Dish came out and re-did my grounding in April, I haven't had to perform this little ritual.

of course it could be that separator not giving signal to your tuner one. flip that separator horizontally and see if the issue goes to your second tuner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts