Low Volume

Status
Please reply by conversation.

anitag0122

Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
N. E. Pa.
For the last couple of months the volume on DirecTV is so low on most of the channels even turning it up as far as it will go makes it barely audible. On some of the channels the volume simply is not sufficient to be able to hear. Someone told me it's because I don't have a HDTV. Apparently the volume is calibrated for HD TV's which makes it too low for "normal" TV's. Does this make sense and is DirecTV working on a "fix" for the problem" or do we who don't have HD TV's not watch our favorite channels?:mad:

I have both and although there is a small volume difference to me between DD 5.1 vs 2chnl audio on SD (2 chnl being a bit "louder"); a hardly have to adjust and I am no where near needing to turn it up all the way to hear it.

Directv is currently testing new tech to help level sound between commercials and programming, to avoid the blaring commercials. Im sure this is part of it.

this is a current issue that DTV engineers are working on resolving. A few customers have called in reports of very low volume. primarly on hd stations switching to sd stations seems to take care of the audio issue. they are aware of it and are working on a solution.

Is this on all SD receivers? Are there certain models that are being affected or all SD receivers are affected by this? I've been reading about this low volume issue but I only watch TV on the TVs with HD receivers so I haven't seen this issue.

Wonder if this has ever been fixed. My parents, who are both in their late 70s, complained to me that the sound level was so bad they had to sit closer to their TV in order to hear. The have SD and an analog TV. They called customer service back in August and were told that there was a problem that was being worked on. I spoke with my mother today and she says it has gotten better but was still not back to the level it used to be.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts